Part time Top Pay

drewed

Shankman
30 years is 27+/hr roughly, by seniority time. I know this because of someone on this board who works an inside/outside combination job and their inside hours are by seniority.

I think it is funny that Drewed comes in and makes a bold statement saying TOP RATE IS 18/HR or whatever it is.

If you don't know something, don't say anything. Or at least mention you're guessing blindly and have no clue :censored2::censored2::censored2: you're talking about as to not confuse a wild uninformed guess and what is real.

how was it bold? i said somewhere in the 16and followed that up with please correct me if im wrong

so dont pick fights you wont win, thanks

IDoLessWorkThanMost

how was it bold? i said somewhere in the 16and followed that up with please correct me if im wrong

so dont pick fights you wont win, thanks

You were corrected, don't you worry - Us union guys don't mind helping you walkie talkie kiddies along. =)

It's bold because you're a part-time supervisor, and we all know most p/t sups have little knowledge of the contract if any. This is a good example, too.

This isn't a fight. I'm trying to convey the message - if you don't know what you're talking about , and you are not involved, don't bother putting in your two cents. Some of us are here for REAL information, not misinformation.

barrycold

We have a couple of guys that are approaching 10 years, I'll ask them what they are making....

I was at $12.something when I signed my FT bid. If I remained pt, I would be making that, plus the annual raises. I am pretty sure it would be over $17 an hour. That's not bad for a pt gig.

TB

huh. Are you FT now?

drewed

Shankman
You were corrected, don't you worry - Us union guys don't mind helping you walkie talkie kiddies along. =)

It's bold because you're a part-time supervisor, and we all know most p/t sups have little knowledge of the contract if any. This is a good example, too.

This isn't a fight. I'm trying to convey the message - if you don't know what you're talking about , and you are not involved, don't bother putting in your two cents. Some of us are here for REAL information, not misinformation.

And I was union for over a year, your point being?
So what is the correct answer then? Since your the expert that all is UPS
We have a dozen answers which is it?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
30 years is 27+/hr roughly, by seniority time. I know this because of someone on this board who works an inside/outside combination job and their inside hours are by seniority.
Exactly its 27.93/hr after 32 yrs.
:wink2:And there are a couple who make more than that, they started in the early 70's. ( one exactly makes .10 more an hour because that was the extra for sorting way back then ).
True there is no cap on part timer rates, but all of us old timers have been red circled many times from different contracts; our two oldest p/ts work under the four hours guarantee clause.

outamyway

I know for a fact that there are part-timers that make over 16 where im based. I never heard of the top rate for part-timers either.

There's a steward here making just over $19/hr for his inside job loading package cars and he's topped out for his out side air driving job.

I'm not sure when he started the 22.3 position but he's been working at UPS a while.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

And I was union for over a year, your point being?
So what is the correct answer then? Since your the expert that all is UPS
We have a dozen answers which is it?

It probably depends on your region, but I do believe the red-circle rule of thumb is in effect in the NMA. So the correct answer is 26 years gets you 27/hr and the red-circled p/t "top rate".

Over one year? That's a blink of an eye in reality. There are quite a few p/t supervisors that I work with that are really nice kids but have no idea who makes what, what seniority is, what seniority means, how to run an operation while regarding seniority, etc etc. They wouldn't know the top rate for a part-timer if I ask them. They'd say " I have no idea". Nor do you.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
There's a steward here making just over $19/hr for his inside job loading package cars and he's topped out for his out side air driving job.

I'm not sure when he started the 22.3 position but he's been working at UPS a while.

If he's making 19 an hour then he's been with the company for 12 Summers. I know cause I make just over 19 and I've been here for 12 Summers.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The mathematics is mind boggling to me. But here's what I would like to know. What the heck does red circled mean anyway?

Jigawatts

(all p/t positions) for each year is as follows:

2008 $.70
2009 $.75
2010 $.75
2011 $.85
2012 $.95

Following wage progression you would continue getting the general wage increases until you retire.

Let's talk about pension since you are interested in benefits.

$1,925 at any age after 35 years of Credited Service (750 hrs/yr ~ roughly 15 hrs/week)
$1,650 at any age after 30 years of Credited Service
$1,375 at age 60 with 25 years of Credited Service
$1,125 at any age with 25 years of Credited Service

I strongly urge you to view part-time at UPS as long term employment.

Great post. This is good stuff to know.

I'm not sure how my life will play out between now and when it's time to go friend/t, but I'm always considering just staying p/t. Maybe when that time arrives, things will be in place where I don't need to go friend/t.

Now, if I can only get into small sort...

allentownups

They have jobs posted for part time package handlers for Bethlehem, PA but the jobs are not listed on upsjobs.com. How do they expect you to apply if you can't find the jobs?

Nitelite

I was PT for 13 years and was making $20.47 when I went full time. There is no top rate for part timers. I worked with a number of people that had been there for 25+ years PT, and they were making top FT rate (they did not get the catch up bonus PTs got last contract as that would have put them ahead of the FTers). My gf also has 10 years in as a part timer, and she makes over $18 an hour.

allentownups

They still need p/t workers at that location but you can't apply on the ups website. How can they get workers without posting the job so people can apply?