part time years toward full time retirement

quad decade guy

You sure that there will be feeder driver jobs left in 10 years??? They are testing these Autonomous rigs in Texas now and supposedly FedEx wants these things up and running by themselves(in areas that can support it) in a couple years…definitely need some language on this stuff in the next negotiations…
This is devoid of much if any reality.

Supposedly.....indeed.

COUPLE OF YEARS.....really?

Say, have you ever been in the real world....how about a Hub yard? Ever driven on a city street or highway?

Can you really see autonomous trucks making pickups and deliveries for us or anyone.....with our current level of A.I. and infrastructure? Anywhere.....Period.

How about autonomous shifters....Ok. Mixing it it up with contractors....walking around in black pajamas and slippers. Hell, we can't get our own employees to get their ear buds out and wear vests or even use an orange cone. Or get their head up walking through the yard texting and watching Tik Tok. No? You ain't paying attention either. I would say the percentage of employees walking through the Hub(with all that is going on) watching their phone is 90%. With autonomous vehicles moving through the areas....that employees are responsible for yielding to....ear buds in....in a very loud/noisy place. Stupid. I encourage anyone to spend 10 min in a Hub just watching and then go into the yard.

10 years??? Europe is considering more lockdowns....you have to have permission to leave your DOOR! in AUSTRALIA. And California.....OMG. They are considering keeping cars out of the shopping areas.....to quell looting/robbery. Think about that....so the thugs can't escape.

Get real.

Example: Arizona shut down a coal fired power plant. They lost $40 million in tax revenue overnight! Then Covid....add in drought....

These are the people in charge of our Govt./Businesses. UPS is part of this woke "plan".

Dream on.

We won't have feeder jobs in 10 years because UPS will be long gone....not because of A.I.

quad decade guy

Settle down pops…then again you don’t know me…about to put your ass on ignore…annoying AF.
Please God....do!

Why in the world would you waste time on me? Annoying AF.

You might find it more interesting and less stressful if, perhaps....you talked about the work issues.....safety.

It takes a lot of effort to hate....bully. And worry about my finances.....so odd.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I just quit replying to him. He's like talking to a 2-year-old
When he posted he has been employed at UPS for Forty Years and has "Multiple Seniority Dates" and doesn't know what his true Seniority Date us it became impossible to take him seriously. One's ENTIRE career is based upon one's Seniority Date. Not even a good troll

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When he posted he has been employed at UPS for Forty Years and has "Multiple Seniority Dates" and doesn't know what his true Seniority Date us it became impossible to take him seriously. One's ENTIRE career is based upon one's Seniority Date. Not even a good troll
There’s always a couple people in any workplace that just love drama…if they aren’t in the middle of the soap opera then they aren’t happy…just my experience from being a 3 decade guy…shfh

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Out of the years that I’ve been here, you know how many people I have known who have been in multiple buildings, have had multiple seniority dates, and who been in multiple classifications in multiple job titles…..??? ZERO!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Supposedly.....indeed.

Say, have you ever been in the real world....how about a Hub yard? Ever driven on a city street or highway?

Can you really see autonomous trucks making pickups and deliveries for us or anyone.....with our current level of A.I. and infrastructure? Anywhere.....Period.

How about autonomous shifters....Ok. Mixing it it up with contractors....walking around in black pajamas and slippers. Hell, we can't get our own employees to get their ear buds out and wear vests or even use an orange cone. Or get their head up walking through the yard texting and watching Tik Tok. No? You ain't paying attention either. I would say the percentage of employees walking through the Hub(with all that is going on) watching their phone is 90%. With autonomous vehicles moving through the areas....that employees are responsible for yielding to....ear buds in....in a very loud/noisy place. Stupid. I encourage anyone to spend 10 min in a Hub just watching and then go into the yard.

10 years??? Europe is considering more lockdowns....you have to have permission to leave your DOOR! in AUSTRALIA. And California.....OMG. They are considering keeping cars out of the shopping areas.....to quell looting/robbery. Think about that....so the thugs can't escape.

Get real.

Example: Arizona shut down a coal fired power plant. They lost $40 million in tax revenue overnight! Then Covid....add in drought....

These are the people in charge of our Govt./Businesses. UPS is part of this woke "plan".

Dream on.

We won't have feeder jobs in 10 years because UPS will be long gone....not because of A.I.
Hope you are right…. I need to go five more years and I’m done… will probably beat you out of here…. But you don’t have to take my word for it….

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Please God....do!

Why in the world would you waste time on me? Annoying AF.

You might find it more interesting and less stressful if, perhaps....you talked about the work issues.....safety.

It takes a lot of effort to hate....bully. And worry about my finances.....so odd.
It’s odd that you think I’m bullying you… a grown man. If you consider this bullying then I will stop…I’m not about to start having people have flashbacks of middle school!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Supposedly.....indeed.

Get real.

Dream on.

This isn’t coming from me but from what I read from different sources…This type of technology isn’t going to happen tomorrow, or next year but I wouldn’t want to be starting a career at ups now because In 20-25 years it will be very different and the AI could be very real…I hope I’m wrong even though I won’t be here.