part time years toward full time retirement

quad decade guy

When he posted he has been employed at UPS for Forty Years and has "Multiple Seniority Dates" and doesn't know what his true Seniority Date us it became impossible to take him seriously. One's ENTIRE career is based upon one's Seniority Date. Not even a good troll
Except....I do know.....through your lens of hate...you missed that. Don't lie about what I actually said.

If you can remotely comprehend what I wrote....the Company does.....not(know). Or at least print so....all I've got to reference. My Manager doesn't know or care....he just goes off the list.

I have no control on seniority printed lists. See, here...Company seniority doesn't mean anything except for vacations. It's all by classification. A little schooling is needed here.....change classifications.....no matter how long you've been with the Company....you go to the bottom......a rookie....just like a new hire. An off the street hire with one day is above me if hired into my classification first. You clowns don't get it. I could, in theory, be laid off before an off the street hire. Not taking me seriously for any of this is.....and so?
Why does he need one… he’s going to die behind the wheel of his 272xxx Mack…every feeder Dept has a couple of these folks who you can’t pry the pin puller and bud bar out of their hands until they are cold and stiff…
30 people above me.....way older too.....my tractor is brand new....nice. very. I lost 15 places in one day. Change of ops...just like that.
There’s always a couple people in any workplace that just love drama…if they aren’t in the middle of the soap opera then they aren’t happy…just my experience from being a 3 decade guy…shfh
Wait...what's wrong with you? No 401K?....lololol.
Out of the years that I’ve been here, you know how many people I have known who have been in multiple buildings, have had multiple seniority dates, and who been in multiple classifications in multiple job titles…..??? ZERO!!!
Interesting.....

In our District.....we have dozens....even hundreds that have been moved by following work, opening of new hubs, closing of hubs, change of operations etc. Most have multiple seniority dates. Part-time, Full time pkg, feeder, Article 22....even automotive. Settled history.

So, that makes you look what.....? At least hateful, foolish and WRONG! A real ZERO!!! indeed.

You guys attacking me personally....doesn't change history, reality or the truth. Maybe, take on the issues of our day.....you might learn something. Hating me.....just shows how sorry you can be.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

This isn’t coming from me but from what I read from different sources…This type of technology isn’t going to happen tomorrow, or next year but I wouldn’t want to be starting a career at ups now because In 20-25 years it will be very different and the AI could be very real…I hope I’m wrong even though I won’t be here.
Well, now it's 20-25 years. Was 10.

I wouldn't start a "career" at UPS because I don't think it will exist.

I'm not sure about your "sources"...

There are some pretty optimistic, fictional possibilities with most of it pure fantasy. Like a movie or novel.....just fiction.

Like eliminating fossil fuels. Fine. Then what? See? Simply isn't reality. Eliminating police. Ok. Then what? See?

Not to mention what are all these out of work folks gonna do? They gotta eat. Just hope you aren't part of the crowd "thinned" out......

quad decade guy

It’s odd that you think I’m bullying you… a grown man. If you consider this bullying then I will stop…I’m not about to start having people have flashbacks of middle school!!
Interesting....

What do YOU consider attacking me personally......? Good clean fun? A grown man indeed.

I don't think it's odd that you don't recognize bullying....bullies don't or child molesters or thieves...thugs. They just think it's natural.....

Considering stopping....why did you start? Serious question.

It does feel like middle school. Bullying...hazing. Indeed. I agree.

I'd rather talk about issues. Sigh....we never get there for the bullying. See?

I'm looking forward to your response.

On ignore…we can get back to business now…

Good idea
Screenshot_20211127-123253.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mr ODD,
I learned early in my worklife that the union paid the pension.
And that they had a scale based on hours worked to calculate each pension.
It didn't matter if you were PT or FT.
{0-250 hours per year = nothing, while 1800 hours per year =a full pension credit year}
My work hours really started to grow when I became an Air Exception Driver.
I was getting many full year pension credits while ( officially ) working PT.
I hade 18 years of full pension credit years before I when FT.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Interesting....

What do YOU consider attacking me personally......? Good clean fun? A grown man indeed.

I don't think it's odd that you don't recognize bullying....bullies don't or child molesters or thieves...thugs. They just think it's natural.....

Considering stopping....why did you start? Serious question.

It does feel like middle school. Bullying...hazing. Indeed. I agree.

I'd rather talk about issues. Sigh....we never get there for the bullying. See?

I'm looking forward to your response.
Who hurt you ?

GameCockFan

You sure that there will be feeder driver jobs left in 10 years??? They are testing these Autonomous rigs in Texas now and supposedly FedEx wants these things up and running by themselves(in areas that can support it) in a couple years…definitely need some language on this stuff in the next negotiations…
Not sure at all. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone starting out today. It will be automated sooner than later. If it comes down to it, I'll retire, as long as I can make it to be able to get my insurance I'll be ok. Never thought I'd be here this long lol. Just a part-time job while I was in college.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not sure at all. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone starting out today. It will be automated sooner than later. If it comes down to it, I'll retire, as long as I can make it to be able to get my insurance I'll be ok. Never thought I'd be here this long lol. Just a part-time job while I was in college.
It’s really amazing how fast this life blows by….actually a little scary!!