Part time

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
How many PTers want to be FT? Why be FT if you get the same healthcare package, a pension and pretty good pay? 25$ an hour is a lot of money to stand in a trailer and put boxes on a belt for four hours. Amazon and FedEx drivers make 25$ an hour.
I don't think starting pay should be 25 but my reasoning is different, I don't want a new hire making close to what I make, so people who been there will need a big raise, it is the same way full time drivers think about drivers hired off the street, they need to put their time in, so I think starting pay should be 20-22

Yolo

When I worked part time at UPS, I made $10 an hour, I worked on the twilight shift when I was still in high school, once I graduated I worked a FULL TIME job during the day. Then went to ups at night. I wanted to quit so bad cause all of my friends were making more money than me at McDonald’s, I stuck it out and went driving 3 years later when I turned 21. I do understand that part timers need a raise however, do they really deserve $25 an hour? It is a part time job. Stop saying it is brutally hard. I grew up on a farm and was raised that you have to go to work everyday. I am worried that If we go on strike that there will be massive lay offs after the fact. No I’m not in management but UPS has been a good place for me to work. I make more money then a lot of people where I’m from. Some days it’s heavy and I miss out on things. But In the end, this has been a great career for me… I am sorry if some of you guys disagree with me and I hope everyone hangs in there during these tough times. I hope we do not have massive lay offs After this. Stay strong everyone

I grew up :censored2:ing goats too.

Its_a_me

They’re replacing them with kiosks, self pay counters, robo drive thru voice boxes and so on. I was at my grocery store yesterday and they didn’t have a single register open. On a Sunday. That’s what happens when you ask for too much money.
No, they would be replacing those jobs with automation anyways regardless if labor was willing to work for minimum wage.

Just because something comes after an event doesn't make it because of the event--very definition of

post hoc, ergo propter hoc​