Part time

Thebrownblob

I think the wait in Louisville and the Philly air hub might be pretty long. But even if it's not the part timers still deserve a good wage. And we don't need 2 or 3 new threads a week telling pters their job isn't hard.
Well, I didn’t say that, I was replying to you saying it’s 10 Year wait to go full-time, which really is not the case anymore. Hasn’t been for quite a while. I spent eight years is a part timer, was a part-time steward,and had two kids who were part-time. I am well aware of what the job entails.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Well, I didn’t say that, I was replying to you saying it’s 10 Year wait to go full-time, which really is not the case anymore. Hasn’t been for quite a while. I spent eight years is a part timer, was a part-time steward,and had two kids who were part-time. I am well aware of what the job entails.
Yes

nWo

Just checked with my bros in Louisville. It's still a 10+ year wait. Point is OP should be grateful to those teamsters working part time instead of worrying they might get a raise he doesn't agree with.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

I think it’s dependent on the hub waiting to go ft inside here takes a very long time.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Whether or not they deserve it isn't always relevant. If UPS can't find people under $25/hr, that's what they'll get a raise to.

That's why McDonald's and Wal-Mart pay $20/hr these days. They wouldn't have any employees otherwise.
They’re replacing them with kiosks, self pay counters, robo drive thru voice boxes and so on. I was at my grocery store yesterday and they didn’t have a single register open. On a Sunday. That’s what happens when you ask for too much money.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They’re replacing them with kiosks, self pay counters, robo drive thru voice boxes and so on. I was at my grocery store yesterday and they didn’t have a single register open. On a Sunday. That’s what happens when you ask for too much money.

What is your idea if too much money? How much should we get paid?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

“The essence of the current deadlock is not over these wages and benefits but over those of part-time employees, whose ranks have helped swell UPS's workforce by about 72,000 over the last five years. Part timers earn roughly $20 an hour, and the Teamsters are demanding an hourly increase of some 35 percent. And yet, like Uber drivers, many of these part timers employees choose to work only 15-20 hours a week, and at UPS, they can do so while receiving complete no cost health coverage, up to $25,000 in tuition reimbursement, and even pension benefits like full-time employees. By contrast, only 7 percent of part-time employees in the United States are provided access to pension benefits.” Excerpt from a Newsweek article written today urging Biden to force the teamsters to negotiate and sign a contract.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

What he means is you make too much so he can be paid more.
I’m perfectly content with my current wage. If the union negotiated a contract that had no wage increases I would still vote yes for it. I’m well aware I make way more than anyone else who does a similar job. Every person who works here has received a raise, every year, regardless of company performance or the workers performance.

PT Car Washer

I’m perfectly content with my current wage. If the union negotiated a contract that had no wage increases I would still vote yes for it. I’m well aware I make way more than anyone else who does a similar job. Every person who works here has received a raise, every year, regardless of company performance or the workers performance.
I agree my $40/hr PT wage is more then enough for what I do. It's the starting PT wages that need to increase.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Because it's a Union job. Also an incentive for UPS to create more FT jobs and less PT jobs.
How many PTers want to be FT? Why be FT if you get the same healthcare package, a pension and pretty good pay? 25$ an hour is a lot of money to stand in a trailer and put boxes on a belt for four hours. Amazon and FedEx drivers make 25$ an hour.

RangerMan06

The only thing getting replaced by AI at UPS will be management and corporate positions.

PT Car Washer

How many PTers want to be FT? Why be FT if you get the same healthcare package, a pension and pretty good pay? 25$ an hour is a lot of money to stand in a trailer and put boxes on a belt for four hours. Amazon and FedEx drivers make 25$ an hour.
UPS didn't seem to have any problem hiring delivery drivers 40 years ago when FT and PT made the same wages.

nWo

Geez man, you accept an outdoor, physical job, expect top pay and not expect to be tired. Lots of people work their asses off, physically and mentally, and don’t have the same pay, benefits and pension. Todays UPSers act like they invented hot and tired. Some of the greedy pansie ass comments here are asinine.

Are you willing to accept a paycut?

HarryWarden

You don’t think they would do that regardless?

”That’s what you get for asking for too much money”

You sound like such a :censored2:. There’s always types like you. Even back in the peasants day “we should be grateful the king is letting us have food!”

HarryWarden

. I’m well aware I make way more than anyone else who does a similar job
because those jobs don’t have a union. You think you’re a lot smarter than you actually are, you don’t realize you are being manipulated by the very ruling class you claim to be so against

Artificially lower everybody else’s wages to unfair levels, have you compare to that and negotiate yourself out of raises and what you’re really worth

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This is just dumb