part timer moving on

Eviloreo

There comes a time when every part time UPS employee moves on, either they go full time for UPS, get grinded up by going supervisor, or moving on to another job.

In my case im moving on to another job.

That said, im about to give in my two weeks, however what happens with my sick pay which i have, option days, option week and vacation time? Does UPS "cash me out" or do i just forfeit them?

thanks for any help ahead of time.

barnyard

KTM rider
You should get your vaca as a check. Sick and option days vanish.

To be sure, contact your local union office, they will know for sure.

gostillerz

You should get your vaca as a check. Sick and option days vanish.

To be sure, contact your local union office, they will know for sure.

That can't be true. Sick and option days are part of your compensation that were already earned. That would be like if you went to an eye doctor 8 months ago and UPS sends you the bill.

barnyard

KTM rider
Not in central states.

We do not have sick days and option days are use or lose.

Like I said, the best answer is going to come from the OPs union office. Regions are different and answers do vary.

You will get paid out if you are in central states. If you don't within three weeks call your business agent and he should be able to get you paid by talking to the labor manager.

Ps don't forget to get your withdrawal card. You never know and it's important.

Buck Fifty

There comes a time when every part time UPS employee moves on, either they go full time for UPS, get grinded up by going supervisor, or moving on to another job.

In my case im moving on to another job.

That said, im about to give in my two weeks, however what happens with my sick pay which i have, option days, option week and vacation time? Does UPS "cash me out" or do i just forfeit them?

thanks for any help ahead of time.

Take your sick/option days before you leave. You will lose them. Vacation will be paid out. Good Luck to you my brother !!!