Passed Integrad

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
Hello everyone I passed integrad and I’m waiting for the call from HR on what’s next but I have a question.I work a 2nd Job Other than UPS and was wondering if HR would wait for me to put in a 2 weeks notice At my other job when I get called up for driver? Or do I just have to quit my other job as soon as HR gives the call. I would ask HR this personally but their office is closed At my hub and whenever I call or leave an email I get no response. Thanks for any input.

UnionGuy

Is your other job fulltime? I wouldn't quit just yet, you still have to pass your 30 days. Can you take a leave of absence at your other job?

JJinVA

Hello everyone I passed integrad and I’m waiting for the call from HR on what’s next but I have a question.I work a 2nd Job Other than UPS and was wondering if HR would wait for me to put in a 2 weeks notice At my other job when I get called up for driver? Or do I just have to quit my other job as soon as HR gives the call. I would ask HR this personally but their office is closed At my hub and whenever I call or leave an email I get no response. Thanks for any input.

Just let your center manager know. HR can hire you but the center manager doesnt have to start running you on day one. Tell the driving supes also. Once you hear from HR, give the center a hard date on when you can start driving so they can prepare accordingly. Congrats btw

Is this a seasonal or a full time job?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Do not under any circumstances quit your other job until after you have completed your 30-40 days.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
Is your other job fulltime? I wouldn't quit just yet, you still have to pass your 30 days. Can you take a leave of absence at your other job?
No the other job is part time I do it for extra income since PT package handling doesn’t pay a lot. I think I’ll just put a leave of absence.

JJinVA

It’s for 22.4 driving

They will start you as a temp driver. Ive never heard of someone going straight into 22.4. It usually goes temp driver, 22.4, RPCD. Which means after peak, you go back to the warehouse. Unless there are openings for 22.4 positions and you are one of the more senior ppl

JJinVA

You won't be able to get your 30 driving days in before the freeze period

I started driving on Nov 1st '19 and they somehow managed to qualify me for my 30 days. Might be different at other centers? Then again Im actually the best UPS driver mankind has ever known so that might have something to do with it

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
They will start you as a temp driver. Ive never heard of someone going straight into 22.4. It usually goes temp driver, 22.4, RPCD. Which means after peak, you go back to the warehouse. Unless there are openings for 22.4 positions and you are one of the more senior ppl
Oh wow that sucks..so there’s no point in going pretty much then right? I have another job and UPS so I’d rather just wait for a guaranteed spot...

JJinVA

Oh wow that sucks..so there’s no point in going pretty much then right? I have another job and UPS so I’d rather just wait for a guaranteed spot...

These are the hoops everyone has to jump through now. But even being a temp driver is better than inside the warehouse. Temps start at $27.14 an hour and get tons of over time, especially coming up into peak which is over $40/hr. Up to you but thats a pretty good gig. Things happen. People get into accidents, get fired, areas grow as construction picks up and developers start throwing up apartments everywhere, job positions open up. You arent just waiting solely for ppl to retire.

JJinVA

Also, if Im not mistaken, 22.4s start at less pay than a temp driver. I think I saw somewhere around $20 or $22 in the contract but could be mistaken. If you qualify as a temp driver, youll be making more than ppl who were hired as 22.4s. If anyone is hired as a 22.4 right off the bat, it would likely be ppl from inside the warehouse pre-peak season. Peak season will have an influx of temp drivers. If I was you I would hope for temp driver status. Hell right now Im making more than some of the RPCDs because I qualified as a temp, which means I kept my pay rate of $27.14. Granted I dont get any progression raises until it has caught up to that rate but who cares.