Passed my road test.

km3

FT driver compared to PT or other FT UPS jobs? Most of the other FT UPS jobs do not allow any overtime.

They're forcing 10-20 hours of overtime on Art. 22.3s here (depending what their positions are). They're more than happy to pay the OT if it means the job gets done.

Gonna need a 9.5 list for combo employees soon...

PT Car Washer

They're forcing 10-20 hours of overtime on Art. 22.3s here (depending what their positions are). They're more than happy to pay the OT if it means the job gets done.

Gonna need a 9.5 list for combo employees soon...
Did not know that. I guess I was generalizing as almost all FT Union jobs (other then driving) in my building rarely are allowed OT except during Peak.

km3

Did not know that. I guess I was generalizing as almost all FT Union jobs (other then driving) in my building rarely are allowed OT except during Peak.

That's what I used to believe. But now the same people who I used to watch just drop their work and leave at exactly 8 hours are complaining about being forced to stay.

I guess it's part of the big production push they've got going on right now. Being able to leave at 8 hours is what used to be appealing about a combo job. Not so sure anymore.

km3

HR told me I will be gaining seniority even if you don’t drive every day

HR says a lot of things. Even though you're not in the union, I'd recommend tracking down a steward in the building you'll be working out of and asking him or her for specific details. Should be a far more reliable source of information than HR.

"Phil"

Sometimes I wonder why I post, only to get criticized. Tough skin is also a UPS requirement, especially on this site.
HR says a lot of things. Even though you're not in the union, I'd recommend tracking down a steward in the building you'll be working out of and asking him or her for specific details. Should be a far more reliable source of information than HR.
I've tried, but never around when I am there going through the hiring process. Next time.

"Phil"

I heard the same thing from another driver that works in my area, that it's true.