Patton Route Consultant

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Express and Ground are having layoffs. Freight is having driver furloughs.
UPS and USPS have announced nothing like that.
FedEx has a done a uniquely poor job of managing the current economy. Why can’t you admit it?
LOS ANGELES, Feb 13 (Reuters) - United Parcel Service (UPS.N) on Monday confirmed it is taking steps to reduce its workforce in regions where delivery demand has softened, a comment that comes days after a local union reported that the company had begun nationwide layoffs of some drivers. - UPS cutting back on some jobs as Teamster labor talks loom
--------------------------
UPS Inc. has laid off an undetermined number of Teamsters union drivers who fall under the so-called 22.4 classification in the UPS-Teamster contract, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Atlanta-based company (NYSE: UPS) said in a statement that it is “reassigning some of our employees to meet the needs of our business.” The changes, which are occurring in certain parts of the country, are in response to what the company called “uneven demand.” UPS said it hoped the affected workers will return to their prior positions later this year.

The actions seem “widespread,” said one of the people. Most affected workers will probably return within several weeks, the person said.
- Sources: UPS lays off undetermined number of junior drivers
--------------------------

Put down the bong and pay attention.

EDIT: saw your update. Glad you could join us!

zeev

Route Consultant had another video on the medal competition at Ground, you will earn points by being more efficient. Many contractors were worried pushing the work force would cause retention problems. I remember I used to sit around with a Ground driver and he told me he stayed Ground because they required very little effort.

bacha29

Route Consultant had another video on the medal competition at Ground, you will earn points by being more efficient. Many contractors were worried pushing the work force would cause retention problems. I remember I used to sit around with a Ground driver and he told me he stayed Ground because they required very little effort.
If he had an easy route before.....he ain't going to have one for long.

It will be fine

The medal program is an incentive to falsify for contractors. FedEx engineering is not very smart. Contractors just need to make it look like their drivers are on the road longer to hit the efficiency metrics.