Pay close attention to your checks....

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Sounds like you're being punched in as a 3C (ground + preload) or similar which I think does tend to pay a little less hourly than a 4C (temp driver full day, no preload).

As far as bonus pay goes, I don't think you can make bonus unless you're a full time permanent driver.
Bonus whats that ?you would have to run 25 stops an hour with 170 min and get in before 540. I miss it terribly especially when i was in by 5 home by 6 and averaged 5 to 10 hours a week. It was a win win for everyone, managers moved up cause of it and i had a life. Of course i would skip lunch our only saving grace.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I do, cant speak for the rest of my colleagues(the lazies). Only thing waiting outside the truck for my drivers is either bulk or air.
My loader is like that. After PCM I can walk down a destroyed belt with stackouts everywhere to a point where you can barely walk behind the trucks and then you get to a section of belt where my loader worked and there sit 4 trucks with just a couple empty totes behind them. It's nice to be able to just get to my truck, sort a pile of envelopes and leave.

UpsAngel

Bulk goes in the truck...drivers shouldn't have to load their own bulk.
I load their bulk if i leave early. Usually the drivers at my center show up early to check things out. I ask them the order of the address they would like their bulk, their are few who shrug or don't care. In that case i proceed to load according to the PAL.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
The REAL issue is....why can’t a BILLION dollar company get peoples checks straight?
Because all of us are lost in the shuffle and if you don't speak up or keep track of it there's no solution. Ups is big lets face it and thank god its growing constantly.

9.5er

My question goes to those that said they keep track of their time. How often do you find mistakes? I used to keep up with my hours and keep telling myself I need to again. But when I did , I never had any significant differences in what I was paid and what I thought I was supposed to be paid.

OPTION3

Because all of us are lost in the shuffle and if you don't speak up or keep track of it there's no solution. Ups is big lets face it and thank god its growing constantly.
Thats a crock..........You BELIEVE THAT? In my 28 + years I’ve had hundreds of pay corrections.......only 2 have been overages........To 9.5er...I find them once a month on average...sad sad sad

djkre8r

Two things:
1. I also have mulitple pay codes: Preload, Air Driver, Cover Driver. I use an app called HoursTracker. Once I've entered my pay scales, put in my day, and add my break - I am spot on. It got bad at my center until I started pulling out my phone and showing pay discrepancies. Now I take pride in showing them how often I am "to the penny" with my check.

2. Working preload then driving is a rip off if you don't know how they screw you. Here's the catch - If you are scheduled for preload and then they need you to drive you will get preload pay THEN driver pay. If you are told "we need you to drive tomorrow but can you come in and help out on preload" or if you are scheduled to drive and get called in to help THEN and only then do you get driver pay for the whole shift.

Notretiredyet

Around here we've got vacations being mixed up with SDV days. And the raises being given to those in progression then the payments back. The latest one a reminder to all the new employees in bonus centers that they are entitled to production incentive once they gain seniority. This is a simple fix any capable OC can take care of in seconds, but it tends to get overlooked once in awhile.