Pay code

1989NW

Does anyone know what pay code 6R is? What is the difference between 6 and 6R?
Also why is it that my over under is always better with the 6R?

1989NW

6R would be if you worked out of a satellite where I am.
That's what I thought. I have been a satellite driver for almost two years now. At first my paycode was a 6R but now my supervisor refuses to put it as a 6R and just has me at as a 6. I bonus my route significantly more when I am coded as a 6R

TopsyKrets

$41.51
That's what I thought. I have been a satellite driver for almost two years now. At first my paycode was a 6R but now my supervisor refuses to put it as a 6R and just has me at as a 6. I bonus my route significantly more when I am coded as a 6R
Hey man, they can code you whatever they want. Long as that check clears!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Keep running little buddy
🧔‍♂️✊

If you’re working out of a satellite then you should be 6R. When you are code 06, your allowance is based off you driving from your home center up to your delivery area. 6R changes your allowances to show you already being in your delivery area when you start driving. so all of your miles show as “on area” miles.

AKCoverMan

Yes… the fantasy time allowances are larger under 6R. Just shows you how phony the entire time allowance system is. Change one character on pay code suddenly your “stealing” two hours of time every day! 🤣

542thruNthru

If you’re working out of a satellite then you should be 6R. When you are code 06, your allowance is based off you driving from your home center up to your delivery area. 6R changes your allowances to show you already being in your delivery area when you start driving. so all of your miles show as “on area” miles.
Are you still paid the same amount per hour? If so who cares.

I love how we all like to point out how we don't recognize the companies production numbers but we freak out if they change a code that hurts our production numbers. Lol

AKCoverMan

Are you still paid the same amount per hour? If so who cares.

I love how we all like to point out how we don't recognize the companies production numbers but we freak out if they change a code that hurts our production numbers. Lol
Knowing which code is correct and Caring if the code is correct are two different things.

Its fun to point out when UPS can’t get it’s act together.

Manager (accusingly): “Bob, why are so three hours over?”
Bob: “What pay code does it show?”
Manager: (deflated): “Oh…um…never mind I’ll fix that…”

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yes… the fantasy time allowances are larger under 6R. Just shows you how phony the entire time allowance system is. Change one character on pay code suddenly your “stealing” two hours of time every day! 🤣
well i mean yeah, it's a SQL formula looking for specific codes and returning or turning on specific allowances, the whole business world runs on pretty basic SQL formulas

were you looking for advanced AI or maybe God to pull our data?

Thebrownblob

well i mean yeah, it's a SQL formula looking for specific codes and returning or turning on specific allowances, the whole business world runs on pretty basic SQL formulas

were you looking for advanced AI or maybe God to pull our data?
The idea that you don’t believe the companies production numbers are both unfair and a dishonest measurement of a drivers day makes me question almost all the sane things you talk about on here that I agree with you with.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The idea that you don’t believe the companies production numbers are both unfair and a dishonest measurement of a drivers day makes me question almost all the sane things you talk about on here that I agree with you with.
i never said anything about that at all but i guess i can now:
unfair? probably
dishonest? maybe

the thing about getting "accurate" allowances is you'd need to go the old way of routine on-car measurements for each and every route, but now you're relying on local human competence to be accurate (and unbiased); historically at a high level, it wasn't really either

when you overbuild a data set like that, you're just as liable for creating unfair and dishonest standards as if you underbuild a data set by taking an eagle eye view to the whole thing

i guess what i'm saying is, the business/political world only cares about what you can prove with data (anecdotal examples are discarded no matter how extreme they are), and at a very high level it's accurate, so from their view there is no problem

Thebrownblob

i never said anything about that at all but i guess i can now:
unfair? probably
dishonest? maybe

the thing about getting "accurate" allowances is you'd need to go the old way of routine on-car measurements for each and every route, but now you're relying on local human competence to be accurate (and unbiased); historically at a high level, it wasn't really either

when you overbuild a data set like that, you're just as liable for creating unfair and dishonest standards as if you underbuild a data set by taking an eagle eye view to the whole thing

i guess what i'm saying is, the business/political world only cares about what you can prove with data (anecdotal examples are discarded no matter how extreme they are), and at a very high level it's accurate, so from their view there is no problem
I agree with you about old fashion time allowance studies being done in person.
The company now uses dishonest numbers and they can manipulate those numbers even further with codes and unit numbers. The numbers are meaningless and can say whatever the company wants them to say about a drivers day.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I agree with you about old fashion time allowance studies being done in person.
The company now uses dishonest numbers and they can manipulate those numbers even further with codes and unit numbers. The numbers are meaningless and can say whatever the company wants them to say about a drivers day.
yeah i guess but it's a lot more impersonal than that

ORWM is handled at a Region level and you're all just area numbers in Excel to them, they literally don't care how much money you're making + or -