Pay code

El Correcto

god is dead
Are you still paid the same amount per hour? If so who cares.

I love how we all like to point out how we don't recognize the companies production numbers but we freak out if they change a code that hurts our production numbers. Lol
When the company is making an effort to make you look bad and harass you about a problem they caused by wrongly coding you because of your union activity (this guy being harassed over a 9.5 grievance) I think it all makes a good story to add to a harassment grievance and proof of ill will by management.

542thruNthru

When the company is making an effort to make you look bad and harass you about a problem they caused by wrongly coding you because of your union activity (this guy being harassed over a 9.5 grievance) I think it all makes a good story to add to a harassment grievance and proof of ill will by management.
Are we talking about the same OP?

El Correcto

god is dead
Are we talking about the same OP?

Yes, this behavior is wildly unprofessional from management. It really isn’t about their bonus numbers, it’s about the context of their behavior and new code being used to harass the op.
If they are doing this to all satellite drivers would be my next step in the grievance process against this.

AKCoverMan

well i mean yeah, it's a SQL formula looking for specific codes and returning or turning on specific allowances, the whole business world runs on pretty basic SQL formulas

were you looking for advanced AI or maybe God to pull our data?
No. Just looking for something that actually makes some kind of sense. This obviously dosent.

Giving it some technical term like SQL Formula doesn’t make it any better.

AKCoverMan

i never said anything about that at all but i guess i can now:
unfair? probably
dishonest? maybe

the thing about getting "accurate" allowances is you'd need to go the old way of routine on-car measurements for each and every route, but now you're relying on local human competence to be accurate (and unbiased); historically at a high level, it wasn't really either

when you overbuild a data set like that, you're just as liable for creating unfair and dishonest standards as if you underbuild a data set by taking an eagle eye view to the whole thing

i guess what i'm saying is, the business/political world only cares about what you can prove with data (anecdotal examples are discarded no matter how extreme they are), and at a very high level it's accurate, so from their view there is no problem
This is all good and well. You, as an IE person driving a desk for a living can live in that theoretical world.

In the real world, ops managers use this nonsense system as proof we’re all slow losers. I mean when 06 and 6R change the exact same works allowed time by two hour.. that’s obviously nuts.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No. Just looking for something that actually makes some kind of sense. This obviously dosent.

Giving it some technical term like SQL Formula doesn’t make it any better.
Well wait a minute you want something that makes sense, a SQL formula makes sense, but that's too "technical" for you.....

Are you secretly a woman, cuz you don't seem to know WHAT you want

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
This is all good and well. You, as an IE person driving a desk for a living can live in that theoretical world.

In the real world, ops managers use this nonsense system as proof we’re all slow losers. I mean when 06 and 6R change the exact same works allowed time by two hour.. that’s obviously nuts.
Nothing on earth can stop dumb people from being dumb

pkgdriver

Nothing on earth can stop dumb people from being dumb
CE20AF15-20F0-4B21-B3A3-65004CE5DE05.png

AKCoverMan

Well wait a minute you want something that makes sense, a SQL formula makes sense, but that's too "technical" for you.....

Are you secretly a woman, cuz you don't seem to know WHAT you want
it’s not “SQL” (whatever that is)…its “GIGO”.

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Manipulated as easily as changing difficulty level on a video game and about as realistic.