Pay Issue RPCD

jfc1993

Found out the company had my seniority date wrong and I was getting my progression raises almost a year later than I should have. I filed a grievance to be made whole about 7 months ago. Grievance was finally heard almost 2 months ago and we won it. Problem is nothing has been done since then. Payrate hasn't been adjusted to top rate, nor have I gotten my back/penalty pay. My BA just says it "needs more time" whenever I ask about it. I can't really understand what needs more time, I'm sure payroll just needs to punch some numbers into a computer and print the check. I've been continuing to file grievances as I don't really know what else to do at this point.

542thruNthru

Found out the company had my seniority date wrong and I was getting my progression raises almost a year later than I should have. I filed a grievance to be made whole about 7 months ago. Grievance was finally heard almost 2 months ago and we won it. Problem is nothing has been done since then. Payrate hasn't been adjusted to top rate, nor have I gotten my back/penalty pay. My BA just says it "needs more time" whenever I ask about it. I can't really understand what needs more time, I'm sure payroll just needs to punch some numbers into a computer and print the check. I've been continuing to file grievances as I don't really know what else to do at this point.
You can file an article 17 for the settlement payment being late. Look at article 17 of the national master agreement to see what I mean.

542thruNthru

How long do you have to dispute seniority dates?
His seniority date may be right in his center/building but wrong in pay roll. He's not disputing a seniority list he's disputing his qualifying date for when his progression started. That would make it a pay issue. Here he would be allowed to file for the pay owed to him but not the penalty pay for all those weeks/months.

jfc1993

His seniority date may be right in his center/building but wrong in pay roll. He's not disputing a seniority list he's disputing his qualifying date for when his progression started. That would make it a pay issue. Here he would be allowed to file for the pay owed to him but not the penalty pay for all those weeks/months.
So there's no timeframe for when you need to file on it for back pay? Payroll always had my date wrong, this is going back over 4 years.