"Pay Mix" update...

Anonymous 115

I am skeptical that it will be anything negative, they wouldn’t jeopardize peak by announcing something bad just before.
Not sure that matters. Last year, they announced my department, as well as several others, were being sent overseas right before Thanksgiving. Made for a very jolly holiday season for many.

TSup

Midpoints going up accordingly so those below the new mins will get a bigger bump year one.
It will be interesting if this is true to see what happens to the more tenured Management who are on the higher end of the pay scale already.

Scuba_Steve

They get more than the 2% raise they've been getting since they hit the 120% of the midline 12 years ago.
Yep, huge amount of people are above "120%" since the pay scales for most positions really have not been updated in more than a decade. Quite a scam UPS does using the 120% of what you should have been paid 15 years ago as an excuse to not give a raise.

Last edited:

Scuba_Steve

Word is that there will be tiered pay increases over 3-5 years to get to the MIP equivalent. So 17% for sups, 34% for managers
So, take a 17%/34% pay reduction this year, and in 3-5 years we MIGHT give you raises to be equal, while the company pockets the difference in growth you could be making with that money, for the 5 years they will be stringing you along.

Oh, and BTW we will count those catch up raises as your regularly yearly increase and pretend like its a great thing and a huge favor, and you know that 3% you would have gotten each year over those 5 years (15%) will NOT be included, so at the end of 5 years, you will actually be making 15% LESS THAN you would have in the first place.

What a great deal. Will people really fall for this announcement as a good thing?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So, take a 17%/34% pay reduction this year, and in 3-5 years we MIGHT give you raises to be equal, while the company pockets the difference in growth you could be making with that money, for the 5 years they will be stringing you along.

Oh, and BTW we will count those catch up raises as your regularly yearly increase and pretend like its a great thing and a huge favor, and you know that 3% you would have gotten each year over those 5 years (15%) will NOT be included, so at the end of 5 years, you will actually be making 15% LESS THAN you would have in the first place.

What a great deal. Will people really fall for this announcement as a good thing?
That is the same discussion several of us had on Friday, glad to see we are not the only ones who are talking about it....

GR8lakes_lifer

Interesting timing, but not unlike past announcements. The term partner is pretty loose these days. I can see this as a beginning of the end for MIP. ownership = partnership... But I guess we'll all see...

OrionIsDaddy

What's wild is, the virtual event is on Thursday from 1pm - 1:15pm. Talk about a quick hit. Give em the bad news and shut it down 💣

I thought that was Interesting too...

At the town hall last month Carol took 3 canned questions from the crowd and then asked herself 3 softball questions. That was weird.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I thought that was Interesting too...

At the town hall last month Carol took 3 canned questions from the crowd and then asked herself 3 softball questions. That was weird.

"15 minutes"...quick and simple... no follow up...Much like a Biden press conference...

The new normal....:didimiss:

UPS1907

Oh that would suck
Just give me a 17% paycheck bump, then my normal 2.5% raise in April and keep your freaking stock. The ownership incentive will be gone and then we liquidate it before the contact circus. The 17%/34% is mine. UPS acts like it's some gift or something. They always figure it into your salary like it's not a gift.