"Pay Mix" update...

ifreak

I am still not quite sure what is going on with the new MIP. The OIC part is a bit confusing, are we getting it for the upcoming MIP payout or not?

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
I am still not quite sure what is going on with the new MIP. The OIC part is a bit confusing, are we getting it for the upcoming MIP payout or not?
You will get the owner incentive this year, which pays out on its normal schedule. Preceding 2022, The owner incentive program will become extinct.

FYI:
A lot of questions you may have are most likely on UPSers website. There is a landing page for new pay mix, which host a lot of informative information, examples and FAQs.

Whatthewhat

Welp, that was about what I figured. Unless you have more than 250k in stock, the QIP really didn’t bump up the base too much
Live like you never got an adjustment and save the difference

I think it's interesting that they have repeatedly told us the total target compensation is not changing. However my total target compensation that was reviewed with me in April when I received my merit increase has now changed. The total target compensation did change even though they said it wouldn't.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
I think it's interesting that they have repeatedly told us the total target compensation is not changing. However my total target compensation that was reviewed with me in April when I received my merit increase has now changed. The total target compensation did change even though they said it wouldn't.
Lol… I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I noticed this a few days after the pay mixes were announced. Your total comp does change according to the side by side you get during merit increase. The side by side shows you the full payout of the OIP and adds it to your total comp number. But the new pay mix ignores potential and focus on current.

Lol… I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I noticed this a few days after the pay mixes were announced. Your total comp does change according to the side by side you get during merit increase. The side by side shows you the full payout of the OIP and adds it to your total comp number. But the new pay mix ignores potential and focus on current.
Yes, if you ask anyone the question, they will explain the math to you on how it was calculated. I understand math and know what they did. What I don't understand is why the company used that exact verbiage "total target compensation will not be changing". By using that verbiage, nearly every employee going through the pay mix was just lied to.

Had they simply explained it or just changed the verbiage, nobody would have an argument. But the company CHOSE to use that verbiage, "total target compensation", the same verbiage used to review my merit increase every single year. By doing this, the company CHOSE to be intentionally deceitful and dishonest with all of us. This was no accident.

Last edited:

anonymous23456

Yes, if you ask anyone the question, they will explain the math to you on how it was calculated. I understand math and know what they did. What I don't understand is why the company used that exact verbiage "total target compensation will not be changing". By using that verbiage, nearly every employee going through the pay mix was just lied to.

Had they simply explained it or just changed the verbiage, nobody would have an argument. But the company CHOSE to use that verbiage, "total target compensation", the same verbiage used to review my merit increase every single year. By doing this, the company CHOSE to be intentionally deceitful and dishonest with all of us. This was no accident.
"total target compensation" has always been a fictional number. This time they use actual number in the math instead.

Spectral

Total target compensation did go down, but this salary bump will help in other ways that wasn't listed. 401k match and the yearly retirement contribution are based on your salary, not target compensation, so those will go up.

Doesn't make up for missed ownership incentive for the majority of us though

GR8lakes_lifer

I always knew "total target compensation" was a carrot on a string to hold stock... Some of us got there, most didn't. With OIP going away there was going to be a difference for most. That was just a bonus to not spending your "bonus". Has anything been said about MIP factor for the 2022 MIP? Normally we get a "where we stand" update in the 4th quarter, but since this pay mix hit the news room, I haven't heard a peep....

Yes, if you ask anyone the question, they will explain the math to you on how it was calculated. I understand math and know what they did. What I don't understand is why the company used that exact verbiage "total target compensation will not be changing". By using that verbiage, nearly every
"total target compensation" has always been a fictional number. This time they use actual number in the math instead.
It's not a fictional number. The total target compensation is your total potential income. The problem is that they are telling us this number is not changing, but then they changed it. Regardless of what it is and what math they are using, we were all lied to.

Total target compensation did go down, but this salary bump will help in other ways that wasn't listed. 401k match and the yearly retirement contribution are based on your salary, not target compensation, so those will go up.

Doesn't make up for missed ownership incentive for the majority of us though
First sentence you said starts out: "Total target compensation did go down". So why for the last month have we heard repeatedly, "the total target compensation is not changing". The ceo made a video where she yelled repeatedly, "the total target compensation is not changing". Yet here we are, they changed it.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈

No I get it. It’s like false advertisement. Pretty sure they will get away with it though.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
I always knew "total target compensation" was a carrot on a string to hold stock... Some of us got there, most didn't. With OIP going away there was going to be a difference for most. That was just a bonus to not spending your "bonus". Has anything been said about MIP factor for the 2022 MIP? Normally we get a "where we stand" update in the 4th quarter, but since this pay mix hit the news room, I haven't heard a peep....
I believe in the Q3 earnings report they mentioned we were trailing at a 100% MIP, but this years peak season will not be as “ Wildly exciting” as last years. Not sure if that will hurt us or not.

Fenris

They were clear every step of the way exactly what they were doing. I don't know why people who repeatedly sell their stock now expect to be awarded for ownership.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
They were clear every step of the way exactly what they were doing. I don't know why people who repeatedly sell their stock now expect to be awarded for ownership.
I can remember when it was very much frowned upon when management sold stock while still employed. I guess times have changed. The company as a whole certainly has. It's become just better than the worst sadly.

Yes, they were clear in the examples provided. What was told to us was the total target compensation was not changing. Go look at your merit review sheet from every single ear. How does your total target compensation compare?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I believe in the Q3 earnings report they mentioned we were trailing at a 100% MIP, but this years peak season will not be as “ Wildly exciting” as last years. Not sure if that will hurt us or not.

The 4th Quarter has aways been saddled with the end of the year Pension contributions..It will be interesting to see how the elimination of further funding into the UPS Retirement Plan's for management will affect the bottom line?

Also the recent Central States bailout will relieve Corporate of potential liabilities that are associated with the 2008 agreement.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well it was a one time nice pay bump and making it permanent. Not sure how they are going to keep or get new management people with this change.