Pay progession

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We have a bunch of guys who have completed their 3 year feeder mileage progression but not the 4 year hourly progression.

Any insight on whether their mileage pay would drop until year 3 is complete? It seems as though they have already completed that part of progression so they should stay at top rate but it's anyone's guess how they would interpret that language.

Thanks for any wisdom! :)

Safebychoice

For people who are curious the new progression scale will be this:

Seniority: 21.00
12 month’s: 23.00
24 month’s: 24.00
36 month’s: 28.75
48 month’s: Top rate

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
For people who are curious the new progression scale will be this:

Seniority: 21.00
12 month’s: 23.00
24 month’s: 24.00
36 month’s: 28.75
48 month’s: Top rate

That's for hourly, not mileage. And mileage used to be a 3 year progression before this round of give backs, if they would happen to pass.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
? Nah.. Usually found with a Union bomber jacket on with more patches and medals than a combat veteran.

CaptainObvious_SaluteAnimated.gif

Dumbo

So basically, in a couple weeks, I'll be at 21 an hour from 18.75 and even if they have a contract extension, we will get retro paid. I think the contract will be voted down based off the "if work is available" language, as it should be because that's bull:censored2: (That's the major sticking point for me).

Either way Im getting a raise August 1st which is awesome because 18.75 an hour with 3 young kids and a stay at home wife is not easy. This will be a huge relief even if I have to wait for the retro pay, then even better the following month when I get 1st year progression. :censored2: it's hard living off 18.75 an hour with a mortgage and family to support.​

If the union negotiating team are indeed reading threads like this........you will get a ton of votes if you get the progression down to half or 3/4 guaranteed and it applies to current progression guys!

PS If you do I will park next to front door of center and paint vote Yes on my windshield!

Rack em

Made the Podium
If the union negotiating team are indeed reading threads like this........you will get a ton of votes if you get the progression down to half or 3/4 guaranteed and it applies to current progression guys!

PS If you do I will park next to front door of center and paint vote Yes on my windshield!
Only looking out for yourself huh?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So basically, in a couple weeks, I'll be at 21 an hour from 18.75 and even if they have a contract extension, we will get retro paid. I think the contract will be voted down based off the "if work is available" language, as it should be because that's bull:censored2: (That's the major sticking point for me).

Either way Im getting a raise August 1st which is awesome because 18.75 an hour with 3 young kids and a stay at home wife is not easy. This will be a huge relief even if I have to wait for the retro pay, then even better the following month when I get 1st year progression. :censored2: it's hard living off 18.75 an hour with a mortgage and family to support.​

Just remember, every driver hired in the last 4 years had to do it. You are part of the first generation of drivers who will have it better than the group before you. A driver hired a year after me will make 8k more during his fourth year of progression than I did.

DukeWinchester

As far as I understand we in progression will get the yearly raises on top of that rate also.. guys in the first year will go to 21.70 if this contract is ratified but God let's hope not. Make ups pay up!!

BrownClown69

A couple guys I know went full time 2-3 years ago. They are at $30/hr until another year and a half. So they will stay at that rate till top pay, correct?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
As far as I understand we in progression will get the yearly raises on top of that rate also.. guys in the first year will go to 21.70 if this contract is ratified but God let's hope not. Make ups pay up!!

Around these parts, you don't get the annual raises on top of progression. The top rate continues to go up and you get the current top rate when you finish progression.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Rack em what would you like to see in the contract to get a vote Yes?
Mr. Rack em...... What would you like to see in the contract to get your vote?
1. NO 22.4s.
2. NO PVD's.
3. NO discipline from technology, for any employee.
4. Fans in our damn package cars without having to have a dumb committee decide.
5. NO 22.4s STILL.
6. Raises that keep up with inflation.
7. Start all PT employees at $15 an hour.
8. NO work past 60 hours PERIOD!
9a. Better 9.5 language with automatic payouts after being violated 3 times in a week. Shouldn't have to file a grievance every time.
9b. Allow ALL full time drivers to be on the 9.5 under the new proposed opt in method. Paragraph 3 of subsection C still has the same 3 stipulations in order to opt in so people under 4 years of seniority who don't have a bid route get screwed still!
10. Article 37 Section 1 on harassment needs to give power to the local to decide upon harassment, intimidation, coercion, or over supervision. Having to wait for a national committee decision will take too long to correct management's behavior.
11. Keep the air progression at 2 years. Progression for any classification has never DOUBLED in a single contract, so why is it doubling now?
12. For God's sake give us a damn turkey at Christmas time!