Pay Question

amirshah

I work for fedex ground in Upstate NY. I drive the big truck doing at least 12 hour days. There is a lot of heavy lifting involved. I am new so I don't know how much I should be paid. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Well if you're doing 12 hr. days times 5 days a week, that's 60 hrs.
You said in the other thread that you're getting $650 a week so, that amounts to $10.83 / hr. Sounds pretty awful to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So what do I need to do? Should I talk to the contractor? Thanks for the replies!

This is the whole point of Ground, which is to pay you as little as possible, and that means a flat salary with no OT or benefits. Good luck with the contractor. If you want to stay in the industry, you might consider getting some commercial driving experience under your belt first, and then leave Ground ASAP. If not, leave now, because it won't get any better.

HomeDelivery

you should have stayed with the temp agency & get paid by the hour...

i know of others who had "negotiated" with some contractors to get a match of the temp agency or per-stop rate, whichever is greater for that day. But, with ground, you're getting a flat salary & a package count bonus? (this is bbsam's realm)

FedExer267

650 a week thats more than most contractors in my building start at.., I am somewhere in California and we have Contractors that start as low as 350 a week to 500 which seems to be max for a new hire. When you reach 650 you will never make any higher.. We had a driver walk out 2 days ago because of all the extra hours and he has made 500 a week for over 2 years now..

Mom

Whats the 'Big trucks?' anyway....as a guideline, my drivers start at $15/hr and cap at $20. We don't work 12 hour days....but I run enough trucks to cover my service areas and Im willing to guess your contractor doesn't. Talk to them, walk away, go get an education, whatever. Sounds like a lot of contractors all throughout the system really don't have their crap together if they pay as low as everybody here claims and work those ridiculous hours.​