Pay Raise 2022.

DaveA

I got 3.21%; the top performer got 4%, a difference of $40.00 monthly :lol: Add that to the 2.49% flat we all got in 2021, and we've actually been working with a pay cut since COVID started. Not to mention I only got half the MIP shares in Computershare that I was awarded last year; still trying to figure out what the heck's going on with that.
The good thing about being a younger Partner is that I'm not tied to UPS. I'm using up all my vacation, waiting for some bonuses to deposit/vest, and I'm out of here. No, I will not train anyone or share my knowledge, and no, I won't leave my book of business in order for the next guy to get up to speed. Clean it up.
Hope the Union really screws with Carol next year, management gets the s:censored3:t end of the stick even during times of record profits, it's about time Atlanta gets their :poop: flung back at them for once

Also disappointed with the raise but let's not forget we have had two years of record MIP. That said, I'm all for leaving if one isn't happy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I got 3.21%; the top performer got 4%, a difference of $40.00 monthly :lol: Add that to the 2.49% flat we all got in 2021, and we've actually been working with a pay cut since COVID started. Not to mention I only got half the MIP shares in Computershare that I was awarded last year; still trying to figure out what the heck's going on with that.
The good thing about being a younger Partner is that I'm not tied to UPS. I'm using up all my vacation, waiting for some bonuses to deposit/vest, and I'm out of here. No, I will not train anyone or share my knowledge, and no, I won't leave my book of business in order for the next guy to get up to speed. Clean it up.
Hope the Union really screws with Carol next year, management gets the s:censored3:t end of the stick even during times of record profits, it's about time Atlanta gets their :poop: flung back at them for once
You sound sort of jaded fonzie don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
Half MIP is the taxes being taken out FYI.
How does that work though? I figured it would be taxed at long term capital gains tax vs short term. Then again, even within short vs long term capital gains tax there's still income brackets, tax filing status, etc. that determine the actual, final percent tax rate. How would UPS know any of that and decide what % to keep??

OrionIsDaddy

How does that work though? I figured it would be taxed at long term capital gains tax vs short term. Then again, even within short vs long term capital gains tax there's still income brackets, tax filing status, etc. that determine the actual, final percent tax rate. How would UPS know any of that and decide what % to keep??

Don't worry you'll pay capital gains tax on them if you sell them for a higher price than their price when they vested.

DaveA

Cap gains doesn't apply until you sell them. These are just taxed as regular income when they vest and go from Merril to Computershare.

DMW

Really? You filled out a form W-40 (tax withholding) when you were hired. It can be updated. When you MIP vest , UPS WILL withhold all taxes. They used to prepay the fica and take it out later. Then when you decide to sell ; less than one year short term capital gain or loss. After one year long term gain or loss.

DMW

Really? You filled out a form W-40 (tax withholding) when you were hired. It can be updated. When you MIP vest , UPS WILL withhold all taxes. They used to prepay the fica and take it out later. Then when you decide to sell ; less than one year short term capital gain or loss. After one year long term gain or loss.
It’s changed since I retired. I thought that zI read your can put in a tax deferred account. That would be a great choice. If you do that when you sell it you can use the NUA(net unrealized gain) exception. You would pay ordinarily income taxes on the cost and long term gain on the appreciation. But be sure to talk with your accountant before. It has particular rules.