Pay the home owner or get suspended?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys must work in some real hick towns. Some of the most backward :censored2: on this forum I’ve ever heard of.

It is not uncommon for a driver who tore up someone's yard to make a side deal with the homeowner to repair the damage in exchange for him/her not reporting the incident.

It is very uncommon for the deal to be made on a conference call and for it to be in lieu of a two week suspension.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
If you can afford to miss work for two weeks then do it.

NO

SIDE

DEALS!

They are trying to keep the accident off of a report at your expense. Literally! Take the suspension and grieve it immediately. You might avoid the suspension or get back pay after. It’s property damage so at worst you should be looking at a warning letter and a “safety ride.”
And....no safety rides given for accidents right now.

UPSER1987

It is not uncommon for a driver who tore up someone's yard to make a side deal with the homeowner to repair the damage in exchange for him/her not reporting the incident.

It is very uncommon for the deal to be made on a conference call and for it to be in lieu of a two week suspension.

You got to be :censored2:ting me. Not uncommon to take side deals to fix property? Where is this center located? Mayberry? I thought the posters on this forum were a little more sophisticated than this. Nothing but a bunch of hick drivers here.
Have an accident, be a man, report it , get your discipline
or get fired for integrity for not reporting it. Anything else is just bull:censored2:.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You got to be :censored2:ting me. Not uncommon to take side deals to fix property? Where is this center located? Mayberry? I thought the posters on this forum were a little more sophisticated than this. Nothing but a bunch of hick drivers here.
or get fired for integrity for not reporting it. Anything else is just bull:censored2:.

I am not talking about incidents with major property damage. I am talking about relatively minor ones, such as going off of a driveway and creating ruts in the grass. Top soil, grass seed and sweat equity make it all go away with no one being the wiser for it.

We did have a driver who hit a basketball hoop, made a deal with the 13 year old kid who lived there and didn't tell anyone at the center about it. Well, Mommy and Daddy came home from work, found out about the deal and called the center. Driver was sent home for a 3 day unpaid "vacation".

UPSER1987

I am not talking about incidents with major property damage. I am talking about relatively minor ones, such as going off of a driveway and creating ruts in the grass. Top soil, grass seed and sweat equity make it all go away with no one being the wiser for it.

We did have a driver who hit a basketball hoop, made a deal with the 13 year old kid who lived there and didn't tell anyone at the center about it. Well, Mommy and Daddy came home from work, found out about the deal and called the center. Driver was sent home for a 3 day unpaid "vacation".

All I can say is “wow”. I’m not sure if your responses are a joke, trolling or real happenings at UPS.
None of this crap happens or would fly at my UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
4A72B1B4-A28E-4540-A8AD-DF149F14211B.gif

How ya gonna get in the Circle Jerk of Honor if you keep reporting all these wrecks

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No it doesn’t. Not in my areas or metro areas
I work in one of the bigger delivery centers in the country, and this stuff (taking care of property damage without making it official) happens all the time. Maybe not the conference call though, I've never heard that one before.