Paycheck error

Con1989

Just going to jump right in on my situation.

Well it's going to be 3weeks now that's my paycheck error of my missing 3.50hrs isn't corrected.

I keep on reminding my pt sup and my lead about my missing time. They keep saying yes it was corrected and should be on your next paycheck. I checked upsers tonight and yet again my check isn't corrected.

Also on top of that this weeks check is missing about 6 hrs.
I'm going to talk to a Stewart tomorrow about my situation, and file a grievance if I can.
Is there anything else I should do or know about before taking action?

What is agrevance really going to do?
Am I going to get extra money from it?

I never filed a grievance before. Thx for reading

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What are your options other than filing a grievance? Allowing UPS to steal from you? (which is a common theme)
Once you file the grievance, it's unlikely that they will take from you again. They'll find someone else who isn't paying attention to steal from.

S

serenity now

Haven't you heard?
Stewart retired last week, but the shop steward may be able to assist you.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You should have filed a grievance after it wasn't corrected on the first week. For future reference, always check the operations report each and every day to make sure your hours are correct. It's always easier to get a problem with paid hours fixed during the same pay period as the FT supervisor doesn't have to eat an ice-cream scooper full of **** and file a request with payroll. Out of curiosity, how were you shorted essentially a day's guarantee of pay on the first occurrence and then two days of guaranteed pay on the second? Sometimes supervisors will start up an employee early (10-15 minutes because of unexpected volume at beginning of sort or a setup guy called in sick/is on vacation) and then "forget" to adjust the employee's time, but that should be no more than 15-20 minutes.

Most hubs have a simple computer clock-in/clock-out system that's hard to **** up, but it still happens. We had an issue earlier in the year with two of my members getting shorted on time and I had them both file grievances for the less than 10 minutes they got shorted.. the issue got fixed within a day; we found out that the supervisor that was responsible for the time cards was verifying their time on their first punch-out when they would be assigned to finish work in another part of the building and told to "clock out" (second punch out) at a different computer on their way out when they were done.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Did you keep your shop stewards up to tabs during the first week of the incident? If not, you're mostly screwed and youll have to use this as a lesson. The pt supervisor will lie his teeth off and you will have no valid proof. I believe the time limit for the grievance has expired. by the way, have you made book yet? If not, you don't want to make a big deal out of it, or else you will be history.

Con1989

I've been employed over a year so I'm good. So I told them if you don't have my check for me today I'm filing. Which they said they had waiting for me in there office magically.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've been employed over a year so I'm good. So I told them if you don't have my check for me today I'm filing. Which they said they had waiting for me in there office magically.

They might have your check in the office, but is it correct? I hate to judge people, but how could you let something as sick as this happened to you with 1 yr of seniority? I get really angry and sick to my stomach anytime I look on the upser site and even see 20 mins missing. I'm very impatient and cynical, so stuff like that bug me out (even if its a mistake) and I comtemplate deeply and cant wait to get to work to deal with these crooks.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They might have your check in the office, but is it correct? I hate to judge people, but how could you let something as sick as this happened to you with 1 yr of seniority? I get really angry and sick to my stomach anytime I look on the upser site and even see 20 mins missing. I'm very impatient and cynical, so stuff like that bug me out (even if its a mistake) and I comtemplate deeply and cant wait to get to work to deal with these crooks.

Wait just a minute, sonny boy. Management still shorts you time?

Do they still mess with your timecard? Haven't had my timecard messed with since I completed probation, I wonder why......?

Con1989

I was missing 3.50 hrs, and the check they gave me had 3.94 hrs. So it was incorrect again but in my favor.

blkmamba

You should have filed a grievance after it wasn't corrected on the first week. For future reference, always check the operations report each and every day to make sure your hours are correct. It's always easier to get a problem with paid hours fixed during the same pay period as the FT supervisor doesn't have to eat an ice-cream scooper full of **** and file a request with payroll. Out of curiosity, how were you shorted essentially a day's guarantee of pay on the first occurrence and then two days of guaranteed pay on the second? Sometimes supervisors will start up an employee early (10-15 minutes because of unexpected volume at beginning of sort or a setup guy called in sick/is on vacation) and then "forget" to adjust the employee's time, but that should be no more than 15-20 minutes.

Most hubs have a simple computer clock-in/clock-out system that's hard to **** up, but it still happens. We had an issue earlier in the year with two of my members getting shorted on time and I had them both file grievances for the less than 10 minutes they got shorted.. the issue got fixed within a day; we found out that the supervisor that was responsible for the time cards was verifying their time on their first punch-out when they would be assigned to finish work in another part of the building and told to "clock out" (second punch out) at a different computer on their way out when they were done.

Sometimes we make mistakes. I sent an employee on lunch one day and when I was validating time cards and adding the lunch and by accident left him on lunch and he wasn't paid for 3.5 hours. Once caught the mistake was corrected, but you never know I have seen supervisors try to steal 3 hours from an employee who never paid attention to how much time he was getting.