Paycheck stolen and cashed! Please Read

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't use direct deposit myself. Never have.

I would think in this day and age it would be the way to go. Every form of pay I have now is direct deposit and every monthly bill is automatic payment. Once a month we get a computer printout and the wife goes over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is on the up and up. Once in a while she will find something she questions and will ask me what it is. Then I have to research it and 9 times out of ten its something she has purchased. It always is.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought now days if payroll was screwed up they had to get you a green check within 24 hours. Am I wrong?

rod

Retired 22 years
If was tough on us.

When I was first married my wife used to meet me on Fridays for breakfast where she would get my check. That is until her Grandmother chewed her out and told her that I worked hard for that money and to let me keep it for at least that day. After that I would cash the check on route and give her about 3/4 of it. I always had a nice "stash" for emergencies.

oldngray

nowhere special
When I was first married my wife used to meet me on Fridays for breakfast where she would get my check. That is until her Grandmother chewed her out and told her that I worked hard for that money and to let me keep it for at least that day. After that I would cash the check on route and give her about 3/4 of it. I always had a nice "stash" for emergencies.

I knew several drivers that would give their checks to wives in the parking lot in the morning.