Payday on Christmas????

Okay, I have asked my union rep, local HR, out of town HR and my supervisor...no one has any idea (like that is a surprise! ;) ) Does anyone know when we get paid this week being that Christmas falls on a Friday? I can always see my check at upsers on Thursday and the direct deposit shows up in my bank Friday (the day the check is dated). So, are we going to be able to view checks on Wednesday and DD shows up on Thursday? I assume they would have to change the dates on the check to the 24th if this is the case. Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Johney

Checks are usually available on Thursday just whether you get them or not. DD I would think should be available as Friday is a holiday.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When the paycheck is scheduled for a non-working holiday (Thursday), the pay should be in on Wednesday. So I believe X-Mas eve the paycheck will be there. Because the day after Thanksgiving is a working holiday now, it's a payday too.

oldngray

nowhere special
When the paycheck is scheduled for a non-working holiday (Thursday), the pay should be in on Wednesday. So I believe X-Mas eve the paycheck will be there. Because the day after Thanksgiving is a working holiday now, it's a payday too.

Thursday isn't a UPS holiday. Friday is and since normal payday is Friday you should get paid Thursday. Just after midnight Wednesday so should be early Thursday morning.

JL 0513

If you have direct deposit, most people will probably still get the bank deposit on Friday. At least at my bank, it has on past Friday holidays.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my career, they always paid the last working day before the holiday if it falls on a holiday. So yeah you should get that big old fat check in time to buy last minute gifts. BTW, Jennifer, it is recommended that you not use your real name on your log in. Have a good one.

jaker

trolling
So yeah you should get that big old fat check in time to buy last minute gifts. BTW, Jennifer, it is recommended that you not use your real name on your log in. Have a good one.
Is this why there are threads on this , can't anybody make it to the next pay day

If you can't make it to Friday and now you getting your check on a Thursday that means you will be out of money by next Wednesday

All I care about is how much it is

JL 0513

Banks are closed on Friday....and why would the bank wait to direct deposit on Friday if the check is dated for Thursday?

I've never gotten my deposit on Thursday, always Friday. It's electronic and automatic so the bank being closed doesn't matter. I haven't gotten a physical paycheck since the 90's so I don't know about those.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've never gotten my deposit on Thursday, always Friday. It's electronic and automatic so the bank being closed doesn't matter. I haven't gotten a physical paycheck since the 90's so I don't know about those.

I posted this already. In 2009, Christmas was on a Friday.

My check was dated for Thursday, December 24, and deposited directly into my bank account on the 24th.

If a holiday is on Friday, your DD gets deposited on Thursday.