PCM about pokemon GO

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What's Pokemon?
image.jpeg

Keenj

There's some cute nerdy chicks playing this game on my business route I've noticed. I think I'll hang out this weekend and see how many phone numbers I can catch.

(In before someone makes an STD joke)

moldsporh

Just another crap game/app, whatever to keep your kids from actually doing something constructive. Wonder why so many kids are misdiagnosed with ADD? Pretty much all the doctors can think of and sometimes a poor excuse for not doing things with your kids.

All the kids I know that sit around most of the day, staring into an ipad, ipod, game console used as babysitters all pretty much have the same attention span or just get overly bored with things because it's become their safe haven.

My kids get very limited exposure to these devices and we go outside, have conversations in the car, they actually look outside and observe the world around them.

Little on a tangent I know but this Pokemon game is pretty freaking stupid.

Ever sit in a waiting room or just be out and about and watch the majority of people and families more involved in texting and social media than their own kids.

Pretty freaking pathetic.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just another crap game/app, whatever to keep your kids from actually doing something constructive. Wonder why so many kids are misdiagnosed with ADD? Pretty much all the doctors can think of and sometimes a poor excuse for not doing things with your kids.

All the kids I know that sit around most of the day, staring into an ipad, ipod, game console used as babysitters all pretty much have the same attention span or just get overly bored with things because it's become their safe haven.

My kids get very limited exposure to these devices and we go outside, have conversations in the car, they actually look outside and observe the world around them.

Little on a tangent I know but this Pokemon game is pretty freaking stupid.

Ever sit in a waiting room or just be out and about and watch the majority of people and families more involved in texting and social media than their own kids.

Pretty freaking pathetic.
I suppose you missed the part about the reason they call it go? The game actually penalizes you for not going out to different places and moving around. Your post clearly shows you haven't even taken the time to see how the game works. I'd really like you to give me a couple reasons why you think this particular game is bad for kids and adults from your perspective.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I suppose you missed the part about the reason they call it go? The game actually penalizes you for not going out to different places and moving around. Your post clearly shows you haven't even taken the time to see how the game works. I'd really like you to give me a couple reasons why you think this particular game is bad for kids and adults from your perspective.

I can. I saw several groups of "young adults" playing this game yesterday. I guess the rules require that you stand very close to one another and wander aimlessly to and fro with your face glued to your smartphone.

There was one particular group of 4 young men and a young lady, who appeared to be truly embarrassed to be with them. They happened to be standing next to a stop sign when I pulled up. I leaned out and asked them if they were playing Pokemon. They seemed surprised that this "old guy" knew about the game and meekly responded "yes". I then turned to the young lady and said, "You must be so proud", before driving away.

7.5 million downloads in less than a week.