PCMs

Indecisi0n

You are so right! Hes been here the longest . Let me ask you a question, I thought corporate is suppose to rotate these CMs around every 2 to 3 years?
They are suppose to do anything . It just normally works out that way . If the center numbers start to dip, grievance add up or promotions happen that's when movement happens.

rod

Retired 22 years
They are suppose to do anything . It just normally works out that way . If the center numbers start to dip, grievance add up or promotions happen that's when movement happens.
Back when I was working they transferred center managers every 5 years--like clock work. We always had a few idiots who dreamed the new one would be a stand up guy. It didn't take old Rod long to realize they were all made with the same cookie cutter.

Indecisi0n

Back when I was working they transferred center managers every 5 years--like clock work. We always had a few idiots who dreamed the new one would be a stand up guy. It didn't take old Rod long to realize they were all made with the same cookie cutter.
I had many when I first started but it has slowed down drastically. Honestly my opinion is it's because no one wants the job anymore .

rod

Retired 22 years
I had many when I first started but it has slowed down drastically. Honestly my opinion is it's because no one wants the job anymore .
I don't know why somebody wouldn't want it. It sounds to me like you just sit at a desk and wait for your morning phone call to tell you what to do. No thinking involved anymore.

Indecisi0n

I don't know why somebody wouldn't want it. It sounds to me like you just sit at a desk and wait for your morning phone call to tell you what to do. No thinking involved anymore.
Not anymore . If you saw all the reports they are responsible for you would laugh. Getting yourself off one lists just puts you on two others . They get yelled at all the time now .

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Years back, this was tried before, and like most things UPS, abandoned abruptly without warning.

I always like when the preload is messed up, so they go on about something way too long.

Sounds like this morning in my center. Hey preload is going down like :censored2: and we know you guys have a lot of air to get off.......but I feel like I should talk for a mini of ten minutes about nothing important. By the way no late air.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Bottom of the barrel intelligence and talent-wise now. Compared to 15-20 years ago. There is no incentive to make UPS a career so the good ones leave and you are left with puppets for middle and upper management. Then UPS over promotes certain minority groups, passing up better candidates, to fluff up a quota. It is sad to see the downward spiral.

rod

Retired 22 years
Bottom of the barrel intelligence and talent-wise now. Compared to 15-20 years ago. There is no incentive to make UPS a career so the good ones leave and you are left with puppets for middle and upper management. Then UPS over promotes certain minority groups, passing up better candidates, to fluff up a quota. It is sad to see the downward spiral.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've had so many Center Managers over the years I can't remember some of their names. Some of them a long time ago were very good, two of them made it to the Board of Directors (Jim Winestock and George Willis). I've had several that were sent down from Corporate so they could learn what a Package Car looks like. I had this one guy that hung around in the center manager's office for a couple of months, I just thought he was an auditor or something. Finally I walked up to him one morning and introduced myself. He was my Center Manager I found out. He never came to PCM's and turned out to be in the corporate law department. I still can't remember his last name.

browndevil

My stupid center manager will follow and sneak up on us while hes on his vacation. This dude is one of a kind. We never had anyone like this and I've been with the company sense 2000. When corporate made all centers to start us early so the air car can leave earlier, this idiot refused to start us early because of all the ass kissing steppers will run skip there lunch load there who cars so they make it in before the air car leave. This penis has most of them so scared. Anything to make his numbers look good.
Do you work in Texas?