Peak 2017 - Saturdays, PVD's, and OT oh my

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Same here. We have 4 drivers working preloaded and 2 working metro. 6 to 8 of us are avg 55 to 60 hr weeks. We can't hire people. Had 6 quit so far this week. One never showed up. We are so screwed this peak. I'm expecting them to extend our hrs to 70 for peak. Otherwise it's not happening.

AlliSeeisBrown

Same here. We have 4 drivers working preloaded and 2 working metro. 6 to 8 of us are avg 55 to 60 hr weeks. We can't hire people. Had 6 quit so far this week. One never showed up. We are so screwed this peak. I'm expecting them to extend our hrs to 70 for peak. Otherwise it's not happening.
We always have people interested but damn near none of them can qualify. Always have an accident, or it just doesn't ever click. They've been taking it eassssyyy on the new hires too.

Dr.Brownz

Here is what will happen: most of December we will be fine. Supposed to be a dry winter so no snow hopefully. Then January cuts will come and then the snow will hit one random day and the whole system will be backed up for a week while they pretend that they couldn't have predicted this would happen!

OptimusPrime

Our building cant wrap up the preload now. It's gonna be pandemonium come peak. My prediction is guys on splits with minimal business will have their start times bumped to 10:00, maybe 10:30. That way when we show our trucks are done and waiting. They don't have to pay us stand around time waiting to leave, and can whip us with 12 straight hours of delivering every day. Man I hope Im wrong lol.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
make your grievances and predictions here folks

what past year will it most resemble? ez 2014 or balls heavy 2013
will it be a disaster or a success?
what will that even mean for us?
will texas and florida recovery efforts :censored2: us?
We can't get preload wrapped now. We can't get air on time now. We can't get businesses delivered now. We can't make pickups on time. We are regressing as a company. New school philosophy is: friend safety and friend the customer. I've never been so embarrassed to work for such an ignorant company. So friend it! Just pay me!

SafetyFirst

We can't keep drivers in my building either and it's not because the job can be miserable sometimes, it's a training issue.

They train guys on the same 2 routes to the point they have 12 guys that know only those routes while other loops have 0 coverage. But once they qualify these guys they won't train them anywhere else so what happens is a guy doesn't work in a month or does a month of 1 day a week and he goes and gets another job.

It's crazy how many guys this has happened to in my building this year and we've had a bunch of retirements so the cover guys are starting to get bid routes, but they still won't train to the point they lose guys! center manager has a rule nobody goes out blind.

Now we're blitz training for peak cause we're 14 drivers short for the number of routes we ran last year and that's if the guys who are out on injury come back as scheduled.