Peak Disaster- Strike?

brett636

I just heard this on the news yesterday. Given that these employees are governed by the Railway Labor Act, and that the government has to approve the strike I just don't see it happening. Although the timing of this vote was spot on to get the company's attention as the news media has been stirring up fears of deliveries for Christmas not happening if a strike occurs. It seems to me the company loves to drag out these negotiations for years when the covered employees have so many hoops to jump through to enact a strike. They did it to the pilots, and now are doing it to their mechanics. The mechanics do have a bit more difficult position to work with though as many airlines are flying their planes to places like China to have their aircraft serviced where it is much cheaper to do so. I'd imagine the company has that option tucked away in their back pocket if these workers were to strike. Their only real hope is setting up picket lines at their facilities along with other UPS hubs and hoping that a good majority of their fellow union workers don't cross it. This could get interesting early next year...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There will be a handshake before the end of the year with ratification to follow shortly thereafter. Peak will not be impacted.
I don't know much about it but I know it's been 3 years, I'm not sure why all of the sudden it will be resolved. I doubt peak will be affected, but I know all the company has to do is wait until Trump is in office and the union doesn't stand a chance.