Peak hits tomorrow?????????

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Bring it on! I relish the chance to make the final big dollars of the year.15 days and its back on the 9.5 list and triple time. Company can kiss my donkey I hate UPS......BC

I dont 'hate' UPS but like yourself I cant wait to get back on the 9.5 list,and to excercise my 8 hour requests.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I mean this in all honesty: I am very curious over how many routes wont be put in or will be cut in my building this week. I feel like management has used these last 3 weeks to see just how much each individual will do. I cant wait to see the Runner Gunners faces when they have 100 more stops than they have been running this tomorrow morning

barnyard

KTM rider
The UPS website has a 2012 holiday schedule
At the bottom shows that Dec 18 - Dec 24 will be a have a 90 minute extension to the commit times

That kind of makes me sad.

No matter. We have been wrapping hella early on Monday's and letting people roll as soon as preload is wrapped. Tomorrow, that will probably be an hour earlier than on Tuesday.

If we have late air after Tueday, all resi air will be delivered on-route, if we go by past practices.

rod

Retired 22 years
Enjoy your peak people---for those who have a short memory the real BS always starts after Christmas when tons of people are laid off, routes are combined and those left working are sent to areas they know nothing about. After peak for a month or two sucks the worst.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Enjoy your peak people---for those who have a short memory the real BS always starts after Christmas when tons of people are laid off, routes are combined and those left working are sent to areas they know nothing about. After peak for a month or two sucks the worst.
the past couple of January's this hasnt been the rule as so many people get gift cards for Christmas and use them to order products online. It 's still very heavy,but no helpers. Of course that DOES make it easier to get on the 9.5 list

rod

Retired 22 years
the past couple of January's this hasnt been the rule as so many people get gift cards for Christmas and use them to order products online. It 's still very heavy,but no helpers. Of course that DOES make it easier to get on the 9.5 list

If this is how it goes down now then you are lucky. It used to be the bottom 3rd of the workforce was lucky to get called back by the middle of March-------and we didn't have the 9.5 rule so those that did work still got beat up. I will now sit back and wait for upstates comment.

stink219

XMAS Eve will be easy this year !!

All schools, colleges, universities will be closed
Plus most businesses are forcing the 4 day weekend in my neck of the woods, which really doesn't matter because there are no pickups

Next Monday will be a fun day. Tomorrow, I will be prepared for a tremendously busy week !!!
I hope your right. But I'm expecting Christmas Eve to be a major route slash day because of no pickups. Just a feeling.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have the same feeling. No business stops or pick-ups. "Use your helper all day and make it in" that's what they will say

Added to the fact that we have been starting 1.25 hours early every Monday since Thanksgiving (with an extra sort from the hub), I'm starting to worry.

laffter

I still really haven't seen peak yet. We had a couple of late trailers today, so everyone in preload basically stood around picking their asses for thirty minutes toward the end of the shift. There were absolutely no packages coming down. They say it's supposed to be heavy tomorrow and Thursday. But then again, they said that about Monday and Tuesday.

The driver I helped had maybe a little over 200 stops. Peak... yeah right.

upser92

Today on the day sort we had a volume of 250k among just 14 PD's, had to bring in 50 double shifters! It was so bad people going to the customer center had nowhere to park. This peak season has been terrible and I feel for our FT sups, it's obvious upper management has been unreal in their demands. I'm averaging about 27-29 hours a week this peak

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Today was my busiest day, they moved my start time to 9 for today and the rest of the week. 232 stops 11.5 hrs, helper for 9 hrs. There was no text message today to keep helper x amount of hours, which I never listen to anyways. Call the center to tell them I was over 11 and you always get this "are you making the air trailer" Noooo !! I feel like saying how can I make the air trailer if over 11 since the trailer pulls at 1935, I would have to be under 9.5. Haven't made the air trailer for the last 3 weeks.