Peak hits tomorrow?????????

barnyard

KTM rider
I got put into a rental today, plus I had to take someone's pick up route. Still, I punched out before 1900, so it is really hard to complain.

I checked the forecast for the route I am covering and it looks like tomorrow will be pretty close to the same as today.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told today that Wednesday would officially be Peak Day. I had 212 stops today and we got the last one off at 6:00PM.

Brain Genocide

Monday 450 stops, had 14 hours time. Got some help around 6, finished in 12 hours Tuesday 320 stops, done by 7:30. Don't know what today will be, temp is going to be below freezing all day.

BOXDONKEY

I mean this in all honesty: I am very curious over how many routes wont be put in or will be cut in my building this week. I feel like management has used these last 3 weeks to see just how much each individual will do. I cant wait to see the Runner Gunners faces when they have 100 more stops than they have been running this tomorrow morning

I'm waiting for the same thing in my hub.

over9five

Staff member
Do the customers expecting a package Monday get a refund? With the world ending tomorrow, I don't imagine we'll be delivering Monday....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
160 stops 210 miles yesterday. Today ill be out 14 and with the weather likely won't get done. That just means tomorrow will be that much worse. With all the EC today ill bet that tomorrow is our peak day.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We were told today that Wednesday would officially be Peak Day. I had 212 stops today and we got the last one off at 6:00PM.

Our idiot center manager told us the same thing at the PCM on wednesday. Thursday was HIGHER and TODAY is WORSE than both of those days.

I have worked 13 hours a day for 4 straight days, and today, PDS shows my route at 315 which is 50 stops higher than yesterday. I couldnt get done on wednesday I had 215 stops and couldnt get done, yesterday, I had 245 stops and couldnt get done, and today they shove 315 stops on the car.

Does UPS really know what is going on in package? All this technology and they dont have the first clue how the operation is running.

Even though they know the work cannot be completed, they continue to shove it all in the truck. They give the same old excuses as you drive out, "dont worry, were going to send you help" but as the day goes on, there is no help as everyone else is screwed as well.

The help comes in the form of this message.."stop delivering, return to building and sheet remaining packages as missed".

The reason? We are sitting on PICKUPS that wont be processed if we get back to building at 10pm.

This peak has been the biggest disaster since 1992. We have seen bad peaks in the past, but this one takes the cake.

By the way, I just broke 102K this year on last weeks check.

Peace

TOS