Peak is going to suck

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They are thinking about running the old timers ragged. Forcing them into retirement with all these 12 hour dispatches that in 2017 retirement will look like a pretty good idea for a bunch of people. Then have a bunch of new hires at $16 an hour and cover drivers at $29

Peak is easier, not harder.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Im not sure how its handled. I just think to myself. Well this is another person who will no longer use ups
Honestly, I don't think that's a concern. Take an Amazon damage for instance, that customer didn't pick UPS, Amazon did. Yeah they're going to be mad, but unless the damages from Amazon get so high that they refuse to ship with us anymore, it doesn't really lose us much business if grandma gets a damage.

I can understand being frustrated though. The problem I see with most damages though honestly is the fact they aren't packaged properly. I'm looking at you Amazon.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Bottom line is they'll just EC everything we miss and roll it like 2013. They're going to over-compensate the opposite direction from last year. We're essentially fishtailing because leadership is a slave to wall street.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Best post ever.
tumblr_m5jne7PdPn1r0byljo1_250.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Missed peak last year due to ruptured rotator cuff tendons.
Met with Liberty Mutual nurse this morning and was informed I will most likely miss peak this year also.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
http://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-earnings-surge-led-by-growth-in-international-segment-1438085242

"In addition to charging more, the company plans to use the same number of delivery truck drivers this holiday season, but to extend their hours instead of adding more employees to control costs this year, executives said. UPS is continuing to expand its network capacity, and it is also establishing package pickup locations in 100 cities in an effort to condense deliveries."
Yea, and? Nothing new here. Move on, Move on...

wayfair

swollen member
As long as I get a helper it'll be just like any other peak, well 2013 was MY FAR the worst, except when in 2009 we had a blizzard on Christmas Eve. Streets and freeways looked like escape from New York.