Peak is going to suck

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Last year was a complete over reaction to the previous year's debacle. Expect a normal peak instead of last year's cake walk.

twoweeled

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-earnings-surge-led-by-growth-in-international-segment-1438085242

"In addition to charging more, the company plans to use the same number of delivery truck drivers this holiday season, but to extend their hours instead of adding more employees to control costs this year, executives said. UPS is continuing to expand its network capacity, and it is also establishing package pickup locations in 100 cities in an effort to condense deliveries."
If you start running and making up for time you don't have, then it will be a suck peak. Most of my peaks just resulted in an extra hour a day. If that! After they realize I'm not going any faster, and I like the overtime, they start taking work off me! I doubt I'm the only one who's experienced that. same pace, 10 hours, slightly slower pace for 12 hours (stands to reason you don't keep the same pace for 12 hours). But you do have to keep moving. We know management doesn't like that attitude and they'll probably be out there keeping and eye, and watching your movements. Samo samo!

twoweeled

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-earnings-surge-led-by-growth-in-international-segment-1438085242

"In addition to charging more, the company plans to use the same number of delivery truck drivers this holiday season, but to extend their hours instead of adding more employees to control costs this year, executives said. UPS is continuing to expand its network capacity, and it is also establishing package pickup locations in 100 cities in an effort to condense deliveries."
I think this is in large part because so many drivers run and try to hard. In doing so, they convince UPS production increases, the more workload we put on the drivers. We cut our own throats. We always have, and it looks like we always will!

Box Ox

I think this is in large part because so many drivers run and try to hard. In doing so, they convince UPS production increases, the more workload we put on the drivers. We cut our own throats. We always have, and it looks like we always will!

11-12 hour days have already become the year round norm at my center since ORION struck and stops per mile has become the new main metric.

More deliveries with fewer routes, drivers burning out before they can draw a pension and part timers quitting before or while they're getting full benefits. Soon there probably won't be any going back from it as Wall Street will view it as the new norm.

11-12 hour days have already become the year round norm at my center since ORION struck and stops per mile has become the new main metric.

More deliveries with fewer routes, drivers burning out before they can draw a pension and part timers quitting before or while they're getting full benefits. Soon there probably won't be any going back from it as Wall Street will view it as the new norm.
Opt in.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Christmas Day is a Friday this year. That means no matter what we will have time with our families day after and a couple days off the following week. Doesn't get much better.

twoweeled

Yeah, I know your right. A lot of package drivers are loving the money, and I understand it. But as you say, they will burn out. Injuries are a certainty. Your absolutely right.

Box Ox

Christmas Day is a Friday this year. That means no matter what we will have time with our families day after and a couple days off the following week. Doesn't get much better.

Little Timmy is getting all the stuff we couldn't deliver in 14 hours on the 24th on the 28th this year! LOL

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Make sure you don't use your helper for more than 2.99 hrs and have a safe and happy Xmas eve

219631e8402488a03e56b59560cc653c.jpg

lol