Peak Projections

Goldilocks

Online Shopping Boosts FedEx Holiday Volume
Our workforce of more than 300,000 team members worldwide is ready to deliver the holidays once again this year,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO of FedEx Corp. “FedEx’s vast global network coupled with our broad suite of shipping solutions enable us to meet our customers’ every need during this busy time of the year

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Our workforce of more than 300,000 team members worldwide is ready to deliver the holidays once again this year,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO of FedEx Corp. “FedEx’s vast global network coupled with our broad suite of shipping solutions enable us to meet our customers’ every need during this busy time of the year
And probably with the same disasterous results as last year. Or worse.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Last year I had quite a few pkgs. that were overdue by about 4 days because I was rolling them.
Got to get the bus. pkgs. off first.

CJinx

It's going to be an interesting peak. The projections seem to increase weekly. Lots of grumbling about thresholds this year. A ton of seasonal staff have been hired.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
"Our WADforce of more than 300,000 disgruntled employees (as well as the usual contingent of Kool-Aid slurping ass-kissers) worldwide is ready to totally ruin everyone's holidays once again this year,” said Frederick Weasel Smith, chairman, fuehrer and Chief :censored2: of FedEx Corpse"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Our WADforce of more than 300,000 disgruntled employees (as well as the usual contingent of Kool-Aid slurping ass-kissers) worldwide is ready to totally ruin everyone's holidays once again this year,” said Frederick Weasel Smith, chairman, fuehrer and Chief :censored2: of FedEx Corpse"

LIKE!!

hypo hanna

​Make that 300,000 minus 1. Fred has ruined plenty of holidays for me, why should I care about his customers holidays?

Nick9075

With how poorly last year was projected it looks like peak will be fun this year! Last year, as you all know, they weren't even in the ballpark on projections. Well... This year we got a projection of nearly 25% heavier than last year. With one week less! It should be interesting to see how far off they are once again.

Meaning what higher than originally projected last year or lower?? so far this year there hasn't been much of an increase so far.. I am actually surprised how light things are -- maybe they are taking stops away but my plan is to get thru get make the money then sell at the end of January.. Its comical these apocalyptic peak scenarios & projections.. Last year if I remember I needed one extra 16 foot budget truck..

STFXG

Meaning what higher than originally projected last year or lower?? so far this year there hasn't been much of an increase so far.. I am actually surprised how light things are -- maybe they are taking stops away but my plan is to get thru get make the money then sell at the end of January.. Its comical these apocalyptic peak scenarios & projections.. Last year if I remember I needed one extra 16 foot budget truck..

Projections were really low last year. Volume was significantly higher than projected. This year they were projecting 25% more actual volume than last peak.

Have you had peak planning meetings with your SM? We were given break downs based on zip codes. Day by day projections.

Then we had a meeting last week saying projections were low. Expect more than 25% increase over last years volume.

Nick9075

Projections were really low last year. Volume was significantly higher than projected. This year they were projecting 25% more actual volume than last peak.

Have you had peak planning meetings with your SM? We were given break downs based on zip codes. Day by day projections.

Then we had a meeting last week saying projections were low. Expect more than 25% increase over last years volume.

No. My only goal is to get thru peak without becoming completely bankrupt. The expenses are becoming absurd. I have another job a contract position that will go thru the end of the year. The real working world is much better than this crap I have to say

HomeDelivery

... I am actually surprised how light things are -- Its comical these apocalyptic peak scenarios & projections.. Last year if I remember I needed one extra 16 foot budget truck..

yikes, i wouldn't want to drive a 16 foot box truck in the city (stepvan, maybe)

yes, it's still light around my area as well... only had a 5 hour day & it only took me about 1.5 hours of actual P/D time outside of sorting/loading/driving to the first stop/ returning to the barn...

but, they are gearing for more temp drivers and rental vehicles in the next too weeks

bbsam

Staff member

I still think I'll basically take peak off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our Senior Manager finally realized that Peak was coming up and wrote up a very detailed Peak Plan. It looks real purty on paper, but it makes me wonder one thing. Seeing how my station is severely short-staffed, short on necessary equipment, and with a management team who can't manage the day-to-day operations....... How in the HELL are we going to make it through Peak?! I'm scared. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our Senior Manager finally realized that Peak was coming up and wrote up a very detailed Peak Plan. It looks real purty on paper, but it makes me wonder one thing. Seeing how my station is severely short-staffed, short on necessary equipment, and with a management team who can't manage the day-to-day operations....... How in the HELL are we going to make it through Peak?! I'm scared. Lol.

Oops. I made a mistake. The plan we were handed yesterday isn't the Peak plan. It's the plan for next week. Guess he hasn't done a Peak plan. Must be too early.