Peak question

So the hub was overstaffed and I was asked to go home if I wanted. It took me a while to see that we were over staffed so I said I'd go home.

On my way home I saw a place hiring. I went in and applied. I actually got the job!

So I work twilight (5-11) and I am hired to work the other job from (10am-4pm). And I hear peak season hours start at noonish- will I be able to just work at ups for my regular twilight shift from 5-11? Or do I have to work from noon?

And I cannot stress this enough, thanks for the replies guys!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You must be new. Probably not, if you're start time is 1pm...you will be expected to show up at 1. Peak overtime is mandatory, as I understand it. If you had seniority, you might be able to work something out with management, but you might not be able to keep both jobs for peak.

PT Car Washer

So the hub was overstaffed and I was asked to go home if I wanted. It took me a while to see that we were over staffed so I said I'd go home.

On my way home I saw a place hiring. I went in and applied. I actually got the job!

So I work twilight (5-11) and I am hired to work the other job from (10am-4pm). And I hear peak season hours start at noonish- will I be able to just work at ups for my regular twilight shift from 5-11? Or do I have to work from noon?

And I cannot stress this enough, thanks for the replies guys!

Sent using BrownCafe App
In my building the earliest Twi will start is around 4:30 and even then they don't need everyone. 1:00 PM would be in the middle of the day sort and would be a double shift situation. Talk to your manager and see what he says about having to come in that early. After all it is just a PT job and not a career. We have people in the same situation and management will work around them.