Peak sucks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With an attitude like that you have lost before you have started.

Peak is 20 days this year. The first week wasn't too bad but this week has been heavier. My helper is awesome and I have punched out at about the same time that I normally do each day. Weather has not been an issue on my area (yet).

We had a driver retire 12/1 and are down another driver this week due to his father passing away so staffing has been an issue. We will have everyone back on Monday and they will be adding a few more routes, which should help.

One stop at a time and before you know it you are punched out and gone.

Punching out at around 9 with alot of snow and bitter cold and it dosent bother me at all. We are ups drivers it what we signed up for I take it like a man.

probellringer

its same as everyday...you have same 2 hands all yr....dont try to be superman--if you need help-send a msg....really is no need to freak out...take a deep breath and relax...that being said...it really is comical to have a lady pull up behind you at your 1st stop and ask for her qvc pkg----i opened the back door and told her i couldnt find it just yet....the look on her face

spif91

:happy2:
It's killing me having to pull 3 trailers back from the hub to my center instead of 2. Hope I can hang on for 13 more days. :happy2:

B

blueterrior

i love peak :) thats when i get to work at ups. last year we had 350 stops one day but later found out that half were misloads, it took like 45 minuets out of our day (night actually) to locate the other driver trade packages, he had 15 of ours.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Peak is 20 days this year. The first week wasn't too bad but this week has been heavier. My helper is awesome and I have punched out at about the same time that I normally do each day. Weather has not been an issue on my area (yet).

We had a driver retire 12/1 and are down another driver this week due to his father passing away so staffing has been an issue. We will have everyone back on Monday and they will be adding a few more routes, which should help.

That is a good attitude to try and have...but when your management team has completely failed to plan ahead and you know before you even leave the building that there is absolutely no hope whatsoever of getting your route done, it can be pretty challenging to keep a positive frame of mind. Its not like those missed pkgs ever go away, they just keep piling up and if you dont get rid of it today it will be back in your truck tomorrow along with 2 new ones.

rod

Retired 22 years

Your center is down 2 drivers at peak and you are still getting off at the same time you normally do? Sounds to me like you aren't doing your fair share of the extra work----but then again you have always said you look out for nobody but yourself.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your center is down 2 drivers at peak and you are still getting off at the same time you normally do? Sounds to me like you aren't doing your fair share of the extra work----but then again you have always said you look out for nobody but yourself.

Show me a post by Upstate, that was not about Upstate.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"Peak" is the best time of year. Management occasionally even gives you a pat on the back when you work hard, customers are generally a bit more forgiving and thankful, preloaders get a nice tip from the generous drivers :) Things are just different for that two-three weeks that actually make the job slightly satisfying.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
"Peak" is the best time of year. Management occasionally even gives you a pat on the back when you work hard, customers are generally a bit more forgiving and thankful, preloaders get a nice tip from the generous drivers :) Things are just different for that two-three weeks that actually make the job slightly satisfying.

Peak is easy, more time to do a job with a little more work, no problem. As for the tip from the drivers, yea its nice but I dont like taking it. I just enjoy having a job, getting something for free isnt my bag.

" give a man something for free and you crush his spirit " Thomas Jefferson.

outta hours

:happy2:
It's killing me having to pull 3 trailers back from the hub to my center instead of 2. Hope I can hang on for 13 more days. :happy2:

I hate peak also. I have to run this horrible peak mileage job for the next 4 weeks. The worst is it starts at 0:500. That means I'm home everyday by 4pm. Peak sucks.:wink2: