Peak volume

PT Car Washer

We have a midnight sort Sunday night and preload can't really start until they clear the belts and pull trailers so preload can park the PDC's and then the package cars. Boxline could start earlier but half our preload are Art 22.3 that work the midnight sort first.

PT Car Washer

Saturday Air drivers that do pick ups are picking up ground and air today. Normally we only do that on Super Saturday. Super Saturday is all month long this year. We are so screwed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Saturday Air drivers that do pick ups are picking up ground and air today. Normally we only do that on Super Saturday. Super Saturday is all month long this year. We are so screwed.
I just don't see what we are supposed to do. You can only hire so many people for one month. You can also only increase capacity so much for 1 month.

HardknocksUPSer

I just don't see what we are supposed to do. You can only hire so many people for one month. You can also only increase capacity so much for 1 month.
Exactly my thoughts, what happens when we can't handle it anymore? I've already seen my center go through more than a few guys this year and peak isn't in full swing.

laffter

What's the earliest preloaders have ever had to come in? We were told to come in at 2:45 on Monday, it's not goina be a good week.

Last peak the earliest was a 12am start time with volunteers starting at 11pm to scan send-agains. This peak, we're starting at right around 1am this week.

PT Car Washer

Our whole front trailer line was all 53' leased trailers for the extra Saturday sort. Ran a small 60 k sort just to keep things moving. Shiny wheels in the yard all day dropping off and pulling loads.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Exactly my thoughts, what happens when we can't handle it anymore? I've already seen my center go through more than a few guys this year and peak isn't in full swing.
Bring it back there won't be any help from anyone. Just bend over and do the best you can, your only human without a cape.