Pension at tax time

Gixxer2003

This is my first year doing my taxes as a retiree when i filed for my pension i did not elect to have taxes taken out of my pension i
just decided to put a certain amount away each month then pay the taxes when due write a check. I also took a lump sum out from
my pension . The feds took their money from that from day 1. Is any of our pension not taxable? Do we have to report the 1099 r i was
under the impression we didn’t have to I’m playing with the numbers and I’m getting killed i gotta write a check for like $8grand for fed and state. i think I’m gonna just let the bank take the tax out like normal.

Gixxer2003

I gotta try quarterly, man it hurts writing this check.
8D91609A-77F5-4FF7-9082-C3658DF2F64B.png

Red Headed Stranger

You may be able to contact who administers your pension and have a certain percentage withheld from each check for Federal and State. If they don't withhold State of North Carolina, your best bet is to send in quarterly payments to avoid getting hit with a penalty at tax time for not paying in at least what the tax was on your prior year's return.

Gixxer2003

You may be able to contact who administers your pension and have a certain percentage withheld from each check for Federal and State. If they don't withhold State of North Carolina, your best bet is to send in quarterly payments to avoid getting hit with a penalty at tax time for not paying in at least what the tax was on your prior year's return.
Ty

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder how often new retirees dig themselves the tax hole by not allotting enough for taxes?