Pension calculator etc..

LagunaBrown

Hell I wish our health insurance was that cheap ($500) Five hundred is chump change compared to what Obama care costs.
I find it strange that people say the wr177healthcare plan is an "inferior plan" when we have a peer 80 (age plus years of service to retire) and retiree healthcare costs $300 for a family. I believe that is a better cost retiree benefit than in Tim S or Fred Z's local yet they trash on it for political agendas. Some retiree health care is astronomical.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Great points. Another consideration could also be whether you still want to work at UPS, or would prefer to get a different gig to ride into the golden years.

If you got say, a $15 an hour job, and there are lots now and more coming as minimum wage increases in some states, you could strike a happy medium.

$15 x 40 x 52 = $31,200.
+$3735 X 12 = $44,820
= $76,020

That's like being paid for a dream 8.0 hour dispatch every day, as long as you want to work.

Let's say you're a driver, today, making $36.

$36 X 40 X 52 = $74,880.

Of course there's still medical and other bennies that make the comparison somewhat unfair. Still, if you really want out, and you have the qualifications, it's another set of numbers to consider.
Thats what I did . I could not get it out of my mind ( its all a mind game ) that if I didn't quit I would be working for half the money. $75K in brown or $36K and wear what you want.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I find it strange that people say the wr177healthcare plan is an "inferior plan" when we have a peer 80 (age plus years of service to retire) and retiree healthcare costs $300 for a family. I believe that is a better cost retiree benefit than in Tim S or Fred Z's local yet they trash on it for political agendas. Some retiree health care is astronomical.
$225 per individual for us