pension for package drivers?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In the South, under the current wonderful Central States Plan, we get $2700 a month at age 62 if you file single, $2550 a month if you a married and want your spouse to be able to get any after we die.

helenofcalifornia

I saw some retired UPS'ers at the golf course who said they were receiving $750 a week for their pension. 32 years worked. And part-timers can collect, just not as much. When your age and years of service = 80 you can start collecting. That's one formula. The Teamsters office knows more.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My local has done pretty well, I think the 30-and-out is currently up to about $4000 per month with full medical. I've heard the only plan with a better payout is New York's, but I can't confirm that.

retired2000

here in the north we do better then most upsers. everyone is different because of the hours each one works. average pension i would think is over 5,000 a month. full medical( $10 co-pay) and dental and vision included.

Fnix

here in the north we do better then most upsers. everyone is different because of the hours each one works. average pension i would think is over 5,000 a month. full medical( $10 co-pay) and dental and vision included.

thats a nice package

diesel96

Compared to our yankee brothers up north, were getting the short end of the stick in the south as far as pension value....but more power to you guys..hopefully next contract we might be able to make up some ground...I would be willing to concede in some concessions with UPS and the Union to close the gap. Got nine years to go for 30 yrs and who knows if the terms are right might hang around for 35.

JohnnyPension

In Metro NY I take home after taxes for the husband and wife plan (wife gets half for the rest of her life if I go first) $2977 ($3294 before tax). I think straight pension is $3600 before taxes.We also have a medical plan available to us for $225 a month. There is no dental with that, optical is not quite as good, we pay more for prescriptions and co-pay for Dr visit is $10 instead of $5. Everything else is pretty much the same as when I was driving/clerking. Compared to other health plans ours is still reasonably priced. The plan is also usable in different states which allowed me to retire in sunny AZ with medical.

Thats a 30 and out or as in my case 25/55.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
can you get pension for being p/t in unload/preload? how long do you have to work to collect?
Check with your Local and/or HR (hint: are there any postings on the union board in your building?). If you are eligible, it will likely be under the company's plan, spelled out in Art. 34(i)., don't know how long you need to be eligible, but it looks like it maxes out at 35 years of service.

p1000

Free at Last
Our local out of Baltimore is pretty good. I will be getting around 4500 a month before taxes and pay a 100 a month for medical which I will start collecting the 1st of the year. 31 years total, 29 years + full time and 50 years old.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I live by the big gm factory in Lordstown Ohio, (where Cobalt came from) and the GM plant Fed ex, and UPS are the only jobs that pay a pretty decent wage. We lost the steel mills in the 70s and its a crap hole now. If we lose this, it will be about 11% of the population working. I dont know if the strike is a good thing, and I dont want to be next.
But they get a whole 200 bucks a week from their strike fund. Remind me again what we got.......... and what we lost? They had been working without contract for 9 months and didnt make any progress, but walking out I feel only gives GM one more reason to move south even more. Im not sure it was the right way to preserve the middle class. Thats the big buzz word here.

HazMatMan

Compared to our yankee brothers up north, were getting the short end of the stick in the south as far as pension value....but more power to you guys..hopefully next contract we might be able to make up some ground...I would be willing to concede in some concessions with UPS and the Union to close the gap. Got nine years to go for 30 yrs and who knows if the terms are right might hang around for 35.

Your cost of living is cheaper than us Yanks, lol..