Pension/Medical retirement ?

WhatTheHell

I was wondering how are part-time years and full-time credited in the Southern region? I currently have 18 PT years and just started FT. I've heard many different things so it's hard to figure out.

One example would be if I stayed PT I could retire in 7, 12 or 17 years. But would have to wait till age 55 to get medical? I'm at age 40 now.

Another is now that I'm full-time, only 9 years of my 18 pt are counted towards full-time benefits. So I would have to work another 16 years to get 25 & out, 21 years for 30 & out and so on. If this is correct...maybe I would be better off just staying at part-time?

Or is it just total time with the company? With some formula to calculate PT and FT years.

Hopefully some of you long time employees that have combined PT/FT years know any of this.

Thanks in advance!

T

TDC

I was wondering how are part-time years and full-time credited in the Southern region? I currently have 18 PT years and just started FT. I've heard many different things so it's hard to figure out.

One example would be if I stayed PT I could retire in 7, 12 or 17 years. But would have to wait till age 55 to get medical? I'm at age 40 now.

Another is now that I'm full-time, only 9 years of my 18 pt are counted towards full-time benefits. So I would have to work another 16 years to get 25 & out, 21 years for 30 & out and so on. If this is correct...maybe I would be better off just staying at part-time?

Or is it just total time with the company? With some formula to calculate PT and FT years.

Hopefully some of you long time employees that have combined PT/FT years know any of this.

Thanks in advance!
....Well, thats what happens when you are enslaved to either a Teamster or Company Pension Plan......they get the $$$ and allot to you what they dont confiscate.........I understand that some UPS Management now have a portable plan......I cant imagine any sane person would want either the Teamsters or UPS to have total control over their Pension and/or Benefits.....