Pension Question for Central States -Married People only

I’m sorry but that just makes no sense to me.

He/she should have to opt out, not in.
If I choose for my pension to end at my death. I sign the paperwork, I am the participant.

If I choose for it to end at both of our deaths. She must sign, because she would now become a participant too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How does a member add his spouse to their pension? Is it automatically done or do you have to call UPS Human Resouces number? Or is this something you handle through the Teamster local you're a member of? Not quite retired yet - but will be and want to take care of any loose items prior to retirement.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Since you didn't mention what Pension Plan you are in, call your Local first....

then contact your specific plan for further details. They can probably walk

you through it, or send you information including common questions.

Getting a definitive here, is going to be slew of answers only related to

personal experience from the posters. Good luck.

-Bug-

upschuck

True. You guys are making it sound like you have to add her as a beneficiary whereas with our fund she would have to opt out.
If she doesn't receive til her death, is she really a beneficiary? We designate when we turn in our papers, which of the options we want. I will probably choose the 0%, because I have plenty in 401k and other investments, for her to live out her life. It is, of course, subject to change.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If she doesn't receive til her death, is she really a beneficiary? We designate when we turn in our papers, which of the options we want. I will probably choose the 0%, because I have plenty in 401k and other investments, for her to live out her life. It is, of course, subject to change.

Does the monthly pension that you receive change depending upon which option you choose?