Pension question...

What'dyabringmetoday???

I agree the VA has its problems. It seems like everyone who gets out of the service now files for PTSD. Apparently it is one of those things like tinnitus (ringing in the ears).that is hard to prove you don't have it. The service has done a 180 since I got out. When I got out you were shown the door and if you were REAL lucky they told you about VA perks that included going to college or buying a house. That is it. Now days the County Veterans Service Officer meets the guys and gals at the door and signs them up for every perk possible. Some they deserve and some they don't. I could have been getting VA Disability payments every month since I got out of the service in 1970 but I didn't even realize I qualified for anything until my brother-in-law got after me to visit the CVSO about 10 years ago. I have a 30% disability and to be honest if/ when I end up losing my Central States Pension I'll probably go for more because I qualify for it. All it will take is a trip to the VA Doctor and more paperwork.
Don't worry about that pension- there are some bright individuals taking care of it.

Back in 2015, I had spinal fusion from C2-C6 and went out on state disability. After 6 months UPS put me in touch with a company call Allsup which then started the process for SS disability. I was approved for that 3 months after Allsup was involved. I retired at the end of the year as I realized I would not be coming back to even doing Feeder work, I had 31 years in at age 60.

Back From Break
Not a "full" pension, but my Local's fund has a disability pension available:

source: Local 705 benefits fund website

The UPS/IBT Pension Plan also has a limited disability pension, not a full pension.

20210209_201421.jpg