Pension Years

OrionsBitch

Not...
Does the pension count years based on 1800 hours of service? Or does it count based on 1800 hours within a given year?

I have enough total hours to give me 5.4 years of service.

But I've only been a driver for 4.5 years by the calander.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't you get a print-out every year telling you how many years you have vested? We always did. Getting that one that says "30 years" is a special day.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Actually just got off the phone with the pension fund and they said I am vested with 5 years. Hmm lol

1 of two things has occured:

1. You hit the 1800 hours in that .5 year (probably closer to .7 of a year with 2 of those months being peak)

2. I know it hard to fathom but you *might* have been lied to by the pension folks. We all know they are 100% accurate, 100% of the time. Especially to someone who, is at the very least, 15 years away from being their problem!

rod

Retired 22 years
Not really. Or not here.

Gotta be 57 to keep insurance in retirement here. So I'll have 35 full time years in before I can retire.

Is that everywhere now? It was always if you had 30 years in you were good to go at any age. Same as with 25 and out --which I heard many say they were going to do but none ever did. I was 53

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Is that everywhere now? It was always if you had 30 years in you were good to go at any age. Same as with 25 and out --which I heard many say they were going to do but none ever did. I was 53
No, it's not the same everywhere. I just got out at 49, 31 years in, and have full medical for me and spouse, no cost. I know that's rare, but it does exist. We don't have 25 and out, or out at 30 years any age, we have PEER 80 only.

rod

Retired 22 years
No, it's not the same everywhere. I just got out at 49, 31 years in, and have full medical for me and spouse, no cost. I know that's rare, but it does exist. We don't have 25 and out, or out at 30 years any age, we have PEER 80 only.
Full medical at no cost is unheard of. Enjoy it while it lasts.