Pension?

balland chain

You are right..I am in central states in NC.. After 25 full time years we get 2K, after 30 we get 3K.. Now in Va they get 3K after 25 years and cheap insurance, and some locals up north get a lot more. ! That was one of my top problems when they mailed out what we wanted changed in this contract.. Hindsight 20/20, if yo uwant to work for UPS, work up north, or in the midwest, or west coast.. Here in NC/SC, we get crap...and our insurance for a single person is 250 per month, and that is what is has been... Thanks UNION !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are right..I am in central states in NC.. After 25 full time years we get 2K, after 30 we get 3K.. Now in Va they get 3K after 25 years and cheap insurance, and some locals up north get a lot more. ! That was one of my top problems when they mailed out what we wanted changed in this contract.. Hindsight 20/20, if yo uwant to work for UPS, work up north, or in the midwest, or west coast.. Here in NC/SC, we get crap...and our insurance for a single person is 250 per month, and that is what is has been... Thanks UNION !

You hate your mama too?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Im in the Midwest. We get 2100. Or so after 25 years and 3000 after 30. You live in NC. Not exactly high cost of living. Angry much?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
These threads seem like too much crying over spilled milk. Many, many reasons why some areas have better pensions than others, & better healthcare than others. The reasons really don't matter. If you want things to improve, the only way to do it is to organize, organize, organize.

The Teamsters in the past started with nothing and organized to fight for every single thing we enjoy in the Contract today (and would probably be shocked to see what we have even given the language we have lost). They didn't cry about what someone had before them or what other areas of the Country had because they all started with nothing. I think we do them a disservice by pointing fingers instead of using this to build our strength and solidarity.

BlackCat

These threads seem like too much crying over spilled milk. Many, many reasons why some areas have better pensions than others, & better healthcare than others. The reasons really don't matter. If you want things to improve, the only way to do it is to organize, organize, organize. The Teamsters in the past started with nothing and organized to fight for every single thing we enjoy in the Contract today (and would probably be shocked to see what we have even given the language we have lost). They didn't cry about what someone had before them or what other areas of the Country had because they all started with nothing. I think we do them a disservice by pointing fingers instead of using this to build our strength and solidarity.

That photo in your avatar.. Wasn't that guy fired a while ago? If that is the guy I am thinking of, he had quite the little big man syndrome.

bowhnterdon

In va it is 2500 at 25years any age.At 30 you get 3500.If you were not hired before 12/31/1989,you have NO early retirement at all.These are friend/T years I am talking about.We do have a reciprocal agreement were you can combine P/T years and friend/T years to retire at 30 years and your pension is based on the ratio of your number of p/t and friend/t years.I have 30 years combo next week and looking to get out next year,Lord willing....

holy1

pension and healthcare are completely different for those of you not in the west you should hold out we get to choose our healthcare and our pension is 1500 to 2000 more than yours