People watching me unload...

Hastey23

So I've been working at ups as a unloader for a month now and I've really noticed there's a small group of people that sit at the end of the extendos and watch me unload and occasionally scan a box or two and stamp it. Just curious on what's there job and does it pay a lot more because they usually just stand around all day and kinda gets on my nerves lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

tadpole

They are revenue recovery auditors. They are making sure shippers are being billed the correct amount. For instance, sometimes heavy boxes are listed as only 2 lbs., etc.

They don't make any more than other hourlies with equivalent seniority. In fact, if you were getting an extra dollar per hour for skilled pay, and you decide to do revenue recovery, you'd lose the dollar.

Nimnim

The Nim
Yeah, they're most likely revenue recovery auditors. Did you notice if they have a scale and weigh some of the packages? If so it's definitely them. If it's not them it's just some other sort of audit being done.

They're also not watching you to watch you, but more watch for the boxes they need to hit and you're probably more entertaining than a line of boxes most of the time.

Why not ask one of them what they're doing? You might even be able to get them to help you out and have them take things like opens and irregs off the belt for you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have you seen most of the people working in the trenches in awhile? Though we do have a term for it, hub vision, everyone starts to look better when you're in the hub for awhile.
By the end of the midnight shift, they are at least a 9.

When I was in HR, my philosophy was a 10 could do the job just as well as a 5.
I was asked to stop hiring so many "easy on the eyes" ladies ... seriously.

Nimnim

The Nim
By the end of the midnight shift, they are at least a 9.

When I was in HR, my philosophy was a 10 could do the job just as well as a 5.
I was asked to stop hiring so many "easy on the eyes" ladies ... seriously.

They probably had no opening in the PT sup ranks anymore.

Though on my observations, except for recent since we're trying to staff up for a new shift in a few months, you can really tell when there's a new person in HR doing the hiring because the appearance of the people coming through changes.

Z

ZQXC

My lady customers like to watch me unload (pause) the hand truck.....

Chinese polyester stretched tightly against firm buttocks.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
So I've been working at ups as a unloader for a month now and I've really noticed there's a small group of people that sit at the end of the extendos and watch me unload and occasionally scan a box or two and stamp it. Just curious on what's there job and does it pay a lot more because they usually just stand around all day and kinda gets on my nerves lol

Sent using BrownCafe App
Others have already answered your question, but yea I hate those people. They would always end up messing up my belt. They would try to pull a box off and end up jamming up the belt, and some days they had the nerve to ask me to stop the belt so they can keep up. I never did though. They need to go to a different section to do that, or have the boxes divert to them in a special section or something. Towards the end of my unload career I would refuse to unload a trailer if they were there.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When I started as an unloader, I had this one sup that would stand in the sorting aisle and look in and watch us unload for ten, fifteen minutes or more at a time. It got kinda creepy. He did it for months all the way up until he transferred centers or something. Guess it was just something he did.

Cementups

Box Monkey
watch%20the%20world%20burn.gif

PT Car Washer

When I started as an unloader, I had this one sup that would stand in the sorting aisle and look in and watch us unload for ten, fifteen minutes or more at a time. It got kinda creepy. He did it for months all the way up until he transferred centers or something. Guess it was just something he did.
Nothing else to do but watch people work. We have a PT sup that brings a Word Search puzzle book to do during the sort.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If you don't like them watching you keep scratching your ass. Occasionally put your finger up to your nose. They will leave.

Anthonysg0113

Wait until you've been there unloading for five years! People watching you work will be the last thing on your mind.

Sent using BrownCafe App

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Exactly, and no matter what your unload rate is, you need to go faster. I do feel sorry for the sups though. They are just dead wood and they know it.

Thats not good. I am the fastest unloader in my building (both preload and twilight), told by preload sups and twilight sups. If a supervisor ever bosses me around to go faster, I will go so so so slow on purpose to teach them a lesson. I love to work hard, it makes me feel like I'm playing a sport, it actually makes me love coming to work.