People who got hired after me are becoming drivers before me

MikeD724

I got hired in October 2019 for preload and I’ve been doing it since. I sign every bid sheet to become a driver, any type of non cdl driver, there’s like 3 different lists I’m eligible to sign as a part time employee with no cdl, regardless I sign them and am never contacted. This time people who got hired after me like In 2020/2021 were getting contacted to become a driver and I had my name on the same list they did. I have a speeding ticket in April 2021 and I’m hearing things that maybe* I’m not eligible to drive until this April 2023 because you need to have 2 years with no moving violations. I’m worried that it’s because It’s because I have a felony and I’m not eligible to be a driver. In September 2019 I plead guilty to a felony domestic charge (I was 20 years old) and it was right about at the time I got hired at UPS and I’m not sure if the felony conviction was on my record at the time they originally ran my background check for employment, but I believe it should of been and they’re aware. I don’t know. Am I eligible to drive package car delivery with the felony domestic charge on my record or does that automatically limit me to an inside only position? Is it just the speeding ticket why I’m not being contacted and jumped in seniority to be a driver? Or is it the felony? Please help, so sorry.

MikeD724

Talk. To. Your. Union. Steward.
Talk. To. Your. Union. Steward.
My union steward is aware I’ve been jumped in seniority to become a driver and he insists it’s because of my speeding ticket in 4/2021, that I’ll be eligible to drive 4/2023. But could my felony charge have something to do with it, or will it have something to do with it after the speeding ticket no longer matters?

Thebrownblob

My union steward is aware I’ve been jumped in seniority to become a driver and he insists it’s because of my speeding ticket in 4/2021, that I’ll be eligible to drive 4/2023. But could my felony charge have something to do with it, or will it have something to do with it after the speeding ticket no longer matters?
Lol well, you might have wanted to mention that in the first post L O L

Not sure about the felony charge
But here you have to have one year of a clean driving record.
And three years without reckless driving or DUI

MikeD724

Lol well, you might have wanted to mention that in the first post L O L
I kind of just let it go (getting jumped in seniority to be a driver) because they said I needed to have 2 years of no moving violations first. But now with the 2 year anniversary of no moving violations approaching, I’m wondering if now the felony that I received before I even got hired at UPS is gonna effect me being able to become a package car driver. Like if I’m limited to only inside positions with my record.

JustDeliverIt

How does the company know about your speeding ticket if you haven’t filled out the application to drive? They don’t do the dmv report until after you apply for the job. I’d have a BA look into it at least.

I kind of just let it go (getting jumped in seniority to be a driver) because they said I needed to have 2 years of no moving violations first. But now with the 2 year anniversary of no moving violations approaching, I’m wondering if now the felony that I received before I even got hired at UPS is gonna effect me being able to become a package car driver. Like if I’m limited to only inside positions with my record.
Well what is on your record?

MikeD724

How does the company know about your speeding ticket if you haven’t filled out the application to drive? They don’t do the dmv report until after you apply for the job. I’d have a BA look into it at least.
Literally a dozen people who got hired after me who was on the same list I signed got contacted for the positions before I did. And my union steward was like ‘how’s ur driving record’ and I said I had a ticket in 4-2021 and he said that’s why, that I can’t drive til 4-2021 and that’s why they skipped me. But I did find it very concerning how they knew about my ticket without contacting me or having me do any application, yes..

MikeD724

Well what is on your record?
A felony domestic battery but it’s not as bad as it seems, it was a totally winnable case and it wouldn’t even be on my record but I messed up and broke the no contact order so they gave me 2 options either go to jail for breaking the nco and lose my job and stuff, or plead guilty to the felony and the case would be over and I wouldn’t get charged for breaking the no contact order, so I just plead guilty and got some probation, but looking back at it I wish I did first option so that I don’t have a felony, but it’s whatever, I’m greatly appreciative of my position with a company like UPS, im just hoping to see if there’s room for advancement to become a driver, with my record. I’m not on probation anymore and I’ve done all the classes I’ve needed to do to become a better person. Besides that, no other crimes, just like 3 speeding tickets but nothing worse than 5 mph over the limit, and the latest one was in April 2021, with one pretty close to then in like January 2021 as well. But it’s getting to the point soon where those can’t be the issue, it’s something else, is it not? I’m 23 I got hired when I was 19 and the incident happened when I was 19, it shouldn’t determine my future.

A felony domestic battery but it’s not as bad as it seems, it was a totally winnable case and it wouldn’t even be on my record but I messed up and broke the no contact order so they gave me 2 options either go to jail for breaking the nco and lose my job and stuff, or plead guilty to the felony and the case would be over and I wouldn’t get charged for breaking the no contact order, so I just plead guilty and got some probation, but looking back at it I wish I did first option so that I don’t have a felony, but it’s whatever, I’m greatly appreciative of my position with a company like UPS, im just hoping to see if there’s room for advancement to become a driver, with my record. I’m not on probation anymore and I’ve done all the classes I’ve needed to do to become a better person. Besides that, no other crimes, just like 3 speeding tickets but nothing worse than 5 mph over the limit, and the latest one was in April 2021, with one pretty close to then in like January 2021 as well. But it’s getting to the point soon where those can’t be the issue, it’s something else, is it not? I’m 23 I got hired when I was 19 and the incident happened when I was 19, it shouldn’t determine my future.
Everyone deserves a second chance but with that being said

Maybe UPS doesn't want to have you as a liability

MikeD724

Everyone deserves a second chance but

Maybe UPS doesn't want to have you as a liabilitnuhow do they my record and that I have a felony without even contacting me

Maybe UPS doesn't want to have you as a liability
But how do they see the my record and felony without even contacting me. Like am I just blacklisted when it comes to the driver lists??

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’d you do beat up your girlfriend?

Brownwind

But how do they see the my record and felony without even contacting me. Like am I just blacklisted when it comes to the driver lists??
They check everyone in the building more often than not. It’s a what you signed up for when you become employed.
Also in today’s society anything on your social media is fair game. It’s awkward but it’s true. Chances are it’ll work out once the two years go past and you have a clean driving record.