People who got hired after me are becoming drivers before me

Integrity

Binge Poster
I got hired in October 2019 for preload and I’ve been doing it since. I sign every bid sheet to become a driver, any type of non cdl driver, there’s like 3 different lists I’m eligible to sign as a part time employee with no cdl, regardless I sign them and am never contacted. This time people who got hired after me like In 2020/2021 were getting contacted to become a driver and I had my name on the same list they did. I have a speeding ticket in April 2021 and I’m hearing things that maybe* I’m not eligible to drive until this April 2023 because you need to have 2 years with no moving violations. I’m worried that it’s because It’s because I have a felony and I’m not eligible to be a driver. In September 2019 I plead guilty to a felony domestic charge (I was 20 years old) and it was right about at the time I got hired at UPS and I’m not sure if the felony conviction was on my record at the time they originally ran my background check for employment, but I believe it should of been and they’re aware. I don’t know. Am I eligible to drive package car delivery with the felony domestic charge on my record or does that automatically limit me to an inside only position? Is it just the speeding ticket why I’m not being contacted and jumped in seniority to be a driver? Or is it the felony? Please help, so sorry.
Did you ask HR why you were passed over?

If so what did they say?

Trucker Clock

I got hired in October 2019 for preload and I’ve been doing it since. I sign every bid sheet to become a driver, any type of non cdl driver, there’s like 3 different lists I’m eligible to sign as a part time employee with no cdl, regardless I sign them and am never contacted. This time people who got hired after me like In 2020/2021 were getting contacted to become a driver and I had my name on the same list they did. I have a speeding ticket in April 2021 and I’m hearing things that maybe* I’m not eligible to drive until this April 2023 because you need to have 2 years with no moving violations. I’m worried that it’s because It’s because I have a felony and I’m not eligible to be a driver. In September 2019 I plead guilty to a felony domestic charge (I was 20 years old) and it was right about at the time I got hired at UPS and I’m not sure if the felony conviction was on my record at the time they originally ran my background check for employment, but I believe it should of been and they’re aware. I don’t know. Am I eligible to drive package car delivery with the felony domestic charge on my record or does that automatically limit me to an inside only position? Is it just the speeding ticket why I’m not being contacted and jumped in seniority to be a driver? Or is it the felony? Please help, so sorry.

Here, it is less than 1 in 12 months or 3 in 36 months. You would have been eligible last year here.

Driver Qualifications.jpg

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

A lot depends on where he was and the color of his skin. In some states you will get pulled over for an air freshener hanging from a rear view mirror.
The air freshener or flag hanging from the mirror is just a good way to pull someone over that may be up to no good. Usually results in something more serious than the air freshener. Guns, drugs, warrants.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Your employer is allowed to do a background check on you
Speaking of background checks, you guys notice that we didn’t have to certify our driving record this year?

I went online to upsers.com to try to do it before management declared an urgent compliance emergency when they wanted it done.
When I got to the appropriate webpage, it stated that we no longer have to do it because a new law change allows them to look at our dmv records without our continued stated permission.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Speaking of background checks, you guys notice that we didn’t have to certify our driving record this year?

I went online to upsers.com to try to do it before management declared an urgent compliance emergency when they wanted it done.
When I got to the appropriate webpage, it stated that we no longer have to do it because a new law change allows them to look at our dmv records without our continued stated permission.
Didn't thumbs down your post, but the idea. What law is this? Federal?

Thebrownblob

It's your felony and driving record. I believe you have to wait at least 10 years with a felony conviction.
That’s strange I’ve never heard that and I know we have a felon working here

I remember hearing some people complain about the last time we filled it out. We apparently unknowingly agree to allow them to look at our driving record whenever they want.

Now do you mention it they did not ask us this year

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Didn't thumbs down your post, but the idea. What law is this? Federal?
Okay I just went back on upsers.com and found the page under 2023 motor vehicles record check.

It says the FMSCA ( Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) has issued an amendment to the regulations and drivers are no longer required to annually submit violation convictions to their employer.

UPS will obtain MVRs from each state/commonwealth where drivers hold a license.

The page I am referring to can be found on upsers.com, Resources, Safety and then under health and safety compliance , you should see 2023 motor vehicle records check

Last edited: