people with less senority being let off early and i wanted to go

Frowncafe

Fulltimers like to send people with alot less senority than me when volume is low, even though i let them know i would like to go, cause i work a full time job beforehand .. is their anything i can do about it, or does it not matter about senority

ibleedbrown

u must be a hard worker, one would think they would let the highest paid guys go first so they could make their numbers look better, but if there is a bunch of lazy, slow workers w less seniority than you the sups are better off getting them off the clock first.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
u must be a hard worker, one would think they would let the highest paid guys go first so they could make their numbers look better,
Our numbers don't change based on who gets paid what. It's all based on hours. So if I work my highest seniority employee 5 hours, it looks the same as if I worked my lowest seniority employee for 5 hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Of a McDonald's menu
image.jpg

ibleedbrown

Our numbers don't change based on who gets paid what. It's all based on hours. So if I work my highest seniority employee 5 hours, it looks the same as if I worked my lowest seniority employee for 5 hours.

i have heard that before but wouldn't letting the higher paid guys go home early save the company more money?

browntroll

i was always told workers get to go home early by seniority unless they want to stay, so if its light day they have to
go by asking higher seniority first and if its a heavy they still have to go by asking higher seniority employees first before anyone goes home.
i know a full timer that used to go home after 6 hours.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
i have heard that before but wouldn't letting the higher paid guys go home early save the company more money?
Not always. The higher seniority guy knows what he's doing. Take my clerks for example. I have one that is pretty green. He can do it all by himself, but he's still slow. If I'm in a pinch and need to send him a clerk home I'm sending him home because my high seniority guy can do the job twice as fast. In the long run I'm breaking even or better because he's doing it in half the time and not getting that much more pay.

For the record I've never been told to get anybody off the clock because they make too much. It's because I'm not going to make my numbers

Returntosender

Cause they need to use up their budget. To get a comparable budget come same quarter next year. If not the budget is reduced, if the operation goes over budget next year same quarter, some manager will be retiring. The Glennlake Generals will ask questions.