Personal days and Vacation days

center manager denied all personal and vacation days this week and also next week. Is this something they can do anytime they feel the need too.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you get a personal denied for staffing issues here they have to pay you time and half for all hours worked. Never heard of denying a vacation, that's a new one.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only because you let them.

What was the last grievance you filed ?

Really ?

You might want to attend a Local meeting.. and ask them.. "face to face".

-Bug-
Lmao…Most BA’s are never truly off duty…they can, and do, answer calls and texts at all hours…eerily similar to ups mgt, you are never really off the clock unless you are on vacation, and even then…

What'dyabringmetoday???

Only because you let them.

What was the last grievance you filed ?

Really ?

You might want to attend a Local meeting.. and ask them.. "face to face".

-Bug-
UPS doesn't subcontract whatever they choose to? UPS didn't start using PVDs with no negotiations or contract language to allow it? I can continue but you will make some silly excuse. But go ahead and pretend that you are some tough guy. It is pretty obvious by your responses that you know I'm right. Lol.

542thruNthru

center manager denied all personal and vacation days this week and also next week. Is this something they can do anytime they feel the need too.
I see nothing in your Atlantic supplemental about management being allowed to deny your vacation. As @Jones say they can deny your personal holiday but you can file a grievance if you feel it was unreasonably denied.
Screenshot_20220107-135307_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Have you called your BA? I would immediately. Also personally if I was scheduled for vacation I would not show up and file a article 17 grievance if they didn't pay me.

Though before you do that definitely call your BA in case there is something I didn't see that permits the company to deny your vacation when needed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Vacation day or vacation week??
We can save a week's vacation to bid as individual days in addition to our personal days, sounds like that's what he did. They're handled a little differently than personal days for bidding but as far as I know they can be denied for staffing. Little bit of a gray area just because it's not in black and white like personal days but I assume the company and the union would take the same position as they have on personals.

542thruNthru

We can save a week's vacation to bid as individual days in addition to our personal days, sounds like that's what he did. They're handled a little differently than personal days for bidding but as far as I know they can be denied for staffing. Little bit of a gray area just because it's not in black and white like personal days but I assume the company and the union would take the same position as they have on personals.
I can't believe that was agree to. People plan things way out in advance and pay lots of money in advance to just be told. Too bad you can't have the day off anymore. I'd be furious.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I can't believe that was agree to. People plan things way out in advance and pay lots of money in advance to just be told. Too bad you can't have the day off anymore. I'd be furious.
Well, they only get approved/denied 8 days out same as personals and they can be denied for all the same reasons so it's not like you're guaranteed the day off just because you put in for it. As always if you really need the day off just call in. It's not a common problem to be denied for staffing, in 28 years I think it only happened to me once. The company won't do it unless they're desperate because then they have to pay OT rate for all hours worked. They also try and keep it quiet til the last minute because if word gets out a week in advance they'll have max personals every day from guys just looking for the extra money.

Appvol

Didn’t think they could deny a Vac day. If you had the seniority for a personal and it’s denied you are suppose to get overtime pay all day right. That’s how it’s been done at my center and Vacation days never get denied.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Didn’t think they could deny a Vac day. If you had the seniority for a personal and it’s denied you are suppose to get overtime pay all day right. That’s how it’s been done at my center and Vacation days never get denied.
Can you tell me where in the contract it reads that? Thanks