Personal Item Stolen

Never leave anything of value laying around a Center or Hub. It will probably turn up missing if it leaves your sight. I had my wallet stolen out of my lunchbox last year in a locker room when I turned my back to wash my hands.
It's not really that valuable. It's just annoying I've already lost money before my first paycheck. They don't have enough lockers for everyone during seasonal time. Heard Amazon has this problem too.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's not really that valuable. It's just annoying I've already lost money before my first paycheck. They don't have enough lockers for everyone during seasonal time. Heard Amazon has this problem too.

Just you wait Sally til you actually get your 1st paycheck. Then you'll really be crying about losing money. I'm got your information from the mods and confirmed it with admin. I'm sending you out two brand new Under Armor and North Face fleece hoodies so you can snuggle up nice and tight in the fetal position.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just you wait Sally til you actually get your 1st paycheck. Then you'll really be crying about losing money. I'm got your information from the mods and confirmed it with admin. I'm sending you out two brand new Under Armor and North Face fleece hoodies so you can snuggle up nice and tight in the fetal position.

Christmas spirit from you?

Say it ain't true.

Box Ox

First day working in the warehouse Thurs as a package handler and found out at the end of my shift my fleece top was stolen. Has anyone else had anything stolen from them in a warehouse? If there aren't enough lockers, how do you keep your stuff from being stolen?

Putting my stuff at the back of the 8000 shelf of one of the routes I was loading worked out well for me as a preloader. Just have to be in the habit of picking everything up when the sort goes down so the driver doesn't leave with it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I brought in a form organizer, that I picked up for free, to use at the customer counter when I worked there. It disappeared one day, I assume some jackwagon from another area thought it was a company item and felt they deserved it more than me. I explained to my sup that it was my personal item and that I would be calling the alert line to report the theft. It somehow managed to reappear the next day.

I also bought a beverage dispensing cooler for mixing some gatorade for our sort during the summer. My sup kept it in the office, marked with my name and "for local sort" on it. That lasted all of about 3 days before someone felt it would be better suited at their house. People are just awful.

Just my pride, dignity, and self respect.

Why should anyone care, if people are too much of a puzy to get a drink and grab a snack from a machine, then that's their problem. You make it sound like they were some POW in a Vietcong tiger cage. Stop being such a drama queen Sally.

I didn't have my wallet to get anything. As I said WE WERE ONLY SUPPOSED TO HAVE CLASS TRAINING. Why should I carry a bunch of loose items that I don't need? So I can take longer to get through security? Have some common sense dummy

Knew someone who worked peak a few years ago. Just for some extra funds. Someone rifled through their lunchbox and then threw the breakbar wrappers on the grates. I guess they didn't find what they were looking for. Also, took my friends coat off the hook and so they could hang theirs up. Christmas brings out the grinch in more and more people. If dealing with these turds during the year is bad enough. IF you do report it stolen - remember that the office will open the door about an inch and inquire what you want (as people are passing nearby) so they don't care either. Ask anyone who works at the company if they'd let their kids work there. The answer is usually "No way!" - Tell them you want to see the footage of the day in question. They film everything. Rotten people better get what's coming to them.
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if it did any good to report lost things. I already have some other things to talk to them about anyway. They told us Sundays and overtime would be optional. So far I've been forced to do both. I can't work 6 days straight and do overtime everyday. I think it's ridiculous that they just want the supervisors to observe and help if needed. This is the first job I've had where they let people stand around. Usually you get yelled at for that.

I brought in a form organizer, that I picked up for free, to use at the customer counter when I worked there. It disappeared one day, I assume some jackwagon from another area thought it was a company item and felt they deserved it more than me. I explained to my sup that it was my personal item and that I would be calling the alert line to report the theft. It somehow managed to reappear the next day.

I also bought a beverage dispensing cooler for mixing some gatorade for our sort during the summer. My sup kept it in the office, marked with my name and "for local sort" on it. That lasted all of about 3 days before someone felt it would be better suited at their house. People are just awful.
People are entitled trash. I'm not sure this is something I'll ever be able to accept

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if it did any good to report lost things. I already have some other things to talk to them about anyway. They told us Sundays and overtime would be optional. So far I've been forced to do both. I can't work 6 days straight and do overtime everyday. I think it's ridiculous that they just want the supervisors to observe and help if needed. This is the first job I've had where they let people stand around. Usually you get yelled at for that.

Truly lmao

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've never had anything stolen anywhere I've worked. There was literally nowhere else to keep it. Pretty sure I already explained that. Are you a little slow? Everyone else still had their stuff on the table.
Perhaps the OP's hub is filled with "those kind" of people. It's a common fact "they" will steal anything.