Petition For Public Release of UBL's Death Certificate

Most (if not all) hate speech laws have been ruled unconstitutional under the same clause.
The only hate speech law that I have seen overturned was the one over the westboro baptist church thing.
They still apply the same line of thinking as the "hate crime" laws.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The only hate speech law that I have seen overturned was the one over the westboro baptist church thing.
They still apply the same line of thinking as the "hate crime" laws.
You might want to do a little research, pretty much every single hate speech law that has ever been passed in this country has been ruled unconstitutional and overturned.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ISLAMABAD: There has been a record sale of posters of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan after the al-Qaida leader was gunned down in a daring US commando raid May 2 in the country, a media report said on Tuesday.
More than 100,000 posters of Osama Bin Laden have been sold since his death, the Online news agency reported citing the print industry. It added that the volume of sale is increasing daily.

You might want to do a little research, pretty much every single hate speech law that has ever been passed in this country has been ruled unconstitutional and overturned.
Nothing like the proof in the pudding, how bout some examples of your claim? Are you saying that the "hate crime" laws are different than "hate speech" laws?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I guess you did not get my joke either ... definitely not surprising.

I got it. The nice thing about the USA is that you are free to burn the flag. I think it's wrong, but if you do burn it, the KGB, or some other form of secret police aren't going to beat you and throw you into prison. Free Speech is just that, and although IMO Westboro Baptist Church is also wrong, it's not my place (or the government's) to intrude on their rights. We are free to criticize them, mock them, and burn their flag, if they had one.

Try this in China or some other police state, and see how far you get.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nothing like the proof in the pudding, how bout some examples of your claim? Are you saying that the "hate crime" laws are different than "hate speech" laws?
I'm not sure what you're asking me, I thought we were talking about free speech. There is currently not a single law on the books in any state which prohibits "hate speech". You're asking me to give examples of something which doesn't exist. And yes hate crime laws are different than hate speech laws (regardless of whether you support them or not).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is that because only left-wingers and Democrats burn the flag?

Yeah, it's actually good to see American Flags burning, again. Haven't seen much of that since Bush left office :(

Hey Hoax, last time I checked, the US SUPREME court ruled in favor of those left wingers and democrats who burn the us flag. Its called freedom of speech.

You ought to try and accept the US Consitution in its entirety, maybe then youd understand.

Peace.

And I agree with that right regardless of my personal feelings about the kind of person who would.

I was just taking klein's observation to a logical conclusion.

Maybe you should accept Spell checker in it's entirety by the way ... but then again No. It just gives me another reason to smirk at you.

This is my smirk by the way ...
Obama-Smirk.jpg

I'm not sure what you're asking me, I thought we were talking about free speech. There is currently not a single law on the books in any state which prohibits "hate speech". You're asking me to give examples of something which doesn't exist. And yes hate crime laws are different than hate speech laws (regardless of whether you support them or not).
What is so hard to understand? you said
Now if that is a true statement, you should be able to prove it. Have you searched all states for "hate speech " laws and found none?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One of Osama bin Laden's sons went missing in the midst of the Navy SEAL raid that took the life of the al Qaeda leader more than a week ago, Pakistani security officials told ABC News today.
The officials said bin Laden's three wives, who are all in Pakistani custody, said that one of bin Laden's sons has not been seen since the raid. The son was not identified, but Pakistani investigators agreed that it appeared someone was missing from the sprawling compound, the officials said.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What is so hard to understand? you said
Now if that is a true statement, you should be able to prove it. Have you searched all states for "hate speech " laws and found none?
Here's all the hate speech laws that made it to the supreme court, every one of them was gunned down. If you're so inclined you can probably go find all the ones that didn't make it past the appellate courts (google is your friend). There are no laws banning hate speech currently on the books in any state.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Dad was such a "great" guy that Obama shouldn't have taken him out. FOX might hire the son as an expert commentator, since you all seem to think that "bhos" did wrong. Get over it, he's a kick-ass president, quite unlike the dunce that preceeded him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Killing Bin Ladin was RIGHT!! Where do you get the idea that a dead Bin Ladin was not tops on our list??? Do you make this stuff up???

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dad was such a "great" guy that Obama shouldn't have taken him out. FOX might hire the son as an expert commentator, since you all seem to think that "bhos" did wrong. Get over it, he's a kick-ass president, quite unlike the dunce that preceeded him.
Recall back in April of 2009, that pirate thing, the Navy Seals waited & waited for orders from DC to shoot, recall this month's attack on OBL, somebody had to "sleep on it " about making a decision yet the CIA didn't.
And here it is weeks upon weeks later and Libya leadership is still there, unlike what someone promised .