Petition to get center manager Transfered/Fired/Disciplined...Good Idea?...Preload

fightingthegoodfight

We have been fighting this battle in our center for quite some time now. The situation is about our center manager being violently disrespectful and harressing many members of our staff. Both union and non-union, Preloader/Drivers even her FT and PT Supervisors have been mistreated for years and years and it isnt untill now that I have stepped in and Union Steward and tried to clean this up in our center.

Mulitiple grievences have been filed under Article 37 even letters have been sent to district and regional managers about specific situations in our center. A meeting with our union rep took place and honestly it was just another slap on the wrist for this woman.

Upper managment are all dirty and everyone is just sweeping everything under the rug and no action is being taken from her bosses. HR is no help, the 1800 number has been used many times with no results and the union process is very long and tiring. As you can imagine this is very frustrating as we feel like we have so much ammo and evidence but see no results.

Some drivers have been telling me about writing up a petition and that they would all sign. They also said a petition was used about 10-15 years ago for a similar situation and that preson got fired/transfered (not sure)

So everyone in the building (drivers/preload/supervisors) is looking at me to get this going is this a good idea? What exactally should we be petitioning?

Please help Thanks

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Re: Petition to get center manager Transfered/Fired/Disciplined...Good Idea?...Preloa

Don't know until you try. Your life will be hell no matter which way you look at it so just go for it.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Re: Petition to get center manager Transfered/Fired/Disciplined...Good Idea?...Preloa

Upper management is aware of the problem and has done nothing; grievances & calls to HR and employee relations have proved fruitless. So how is a petition going to change this? If you do choose to proceed with one, you'll quickly discover that a) most people may @*$! and moan about the problem, but they don't want to get involved and b) news spreads fast around UPS. Honestly, I'd hate to have my name associated with such tactic... it'd be like volunteering for target practice. Stick to the grievance procedure.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

If this manager truly is as hated and reviled as you claim, then hang in there; she will undoubtedly be promoted before too long.

brown67

Go picket out in front of the center. Are you on or near a busy road? Hold signs up saying what is going on at the center. Call the local newspaper to come and interview you about what is happening. A little negative news story and I'm sure things will start to change. Word of caution. Don't do this on the clock. Do it before or after work. Also, don't wear your uniform. Have your local call UPS and tell them you will start picketing the center unless things change. The local president should be on the phone telling UPS that you will be conducting informational picketing until the center manager is moved or fired. Just my two cents. You can't go on strike, but you can picket the center on your own time.

fightingthegoodfight

Thanks guys for your input...I just dont understand why upper managment is turning a blind eye to all of this. I have only been there a year now and this has been on-going now for years and years a few years back there was proof of theft and she was punished with a promotion of getting her own center. Dirty dirty politics on behalf of then entire ladder. If UPS has a ZERO tolerance attititude toward harrassment, at what point do you think there is a cover-up. This should have been delt with a long long time ago.

What whould the petition state? We would like to see disciplinary action taken on her? Or should it been more simple about how we have all been in one way or another harrassed and each signiture is admitting to some sort of harressment from her?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go picket out in front of the center. Are you on or near a busy road? Hold signs up saying what is going on at the center. Call the local newspaper to come and interview you about what is happening. A little negative news story and I'm sure things will start to change. Word of caution. Don't do this on the clock. Do it before or after work. Also, don't wear your uniform. Have your local call UPS and tell them you will start picketing the center unless things change. The local president should be on the phone telling UPS that you will be conducting informational picketing until the center manager is moved or fired. Just my two cents. You can't go on strike, but you can picket the center on your own time.

How much sympathy do you think you will get from a general public which knows that you make $30+/hr with free benefits?

There is no need to air your dirty laundry in public. Start the petition and see where that takes you.

S

serenity now

How much sympathy do you think you will get from a general public which knows that you make $30+/hr with free benefits?

There is no need to air your dirty laundry in public. Start the petition and see where that takes you.

I earn $30+/hr

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

I earn $30+/hr
My benefits are not free. I earn them as a part of my compensation package.
Along a similar note, my future social security benefits are not an entitlement as I have earned them by paying into the ponzi scheme for 40+ years.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Along a similar note, my future social security benefits are not an entitlement as I have earned them by paying into the ponzi scheme for 40+ years.
Social Security is counted by your gov't as part of the entitlements........whether you paid in or not. It's part of the entitlements when the government talks entitlements.

from Auburn U.

"The most important examples of entitlement programs at the federal level in the United States would include Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, most Veterans' Administration programs, federal employee and military retirement plans, unemployment compensation, food stamps, and agricultural price support programs."

http://www.auburn.edu/~johnspm/gloss/entitlement_program

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The average Joe Schmoe who sees a bunch of "overpaid" employees picketing over "unfair" labor practices is not going to care whether you earned your benefits or not. All they are going to know is that you earn $30+/hr and don't have to pay for your benefits. Each of them would take your place in a heartbeat.

Social Security is most certainly an entitlement program.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

We had a driver go after one of my former Center Managers, it didn't turn out well for him. The driver was a former OMS that had access to the Center's computers and knew that the center manager was falsifying records. Supervisors were delivering missorts and left in building packages using a DIAD and the info was "merged" into the actual driver's DIAD records to make it look like the driver actually delivered him. Corporate was called, driver was threatened, harassed, and eventually fired by the center manager involved. center manager was punished with a "lateral move" and now runs the Preload.

tarbar66

Have the people moves (management) been made yet or does that not happen in January or February anymore?

Good Luck, maybe your pita will get moved into a staff function.

fightingthegoodfight

His whole situation is about the PRELOAD guys getting harrassed who only make any where from 9-15 dollars an hour we shouldnt be treated like this i dont knowwhat more to do when drivers and even FT and PT sups are complaining to me (union steward) about being mistreated...and they are not even union employees

On the FT PT issues letters have been sent to district regional and they are now wanted to go to the CEO of the company. It seems like everyone is covering for this witch and everybody wants her out

Petition Yes? Or NO? But right now I dont know...

If she is as bad as you say, then UPS will probably give her enough rope to hang herself without dealing with a lawsuit.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

If the Big Brass knows of the situation,and hasn't done anything about her,she MUST have some goods on the Uppers
and they are scared of her !! Seen this before !! Good luck !!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

We have been fighting this battle in our center for quite some time now. The situation is about our center manager being violently disrespectful and harressing many members of our staff. Both union and non-union, Preloader/Drivers even her FT and PT Supervisors have been mistreated for years and years and it isnt untill now that I have stepped in and Union Steward and tried to clean this up in our center.

give some examples of her violent disrespect and harassment

fightingthegoodfight

Well i personally have been attacked verbally in such a manner that under normal circumstances would result in a fist fight. She would get right up into my face SCREAMING at the top of her lungs (infront of the entire preload before the sort started) she would mock me imitate my voice making faces at me i guess trying to get me to my breaking point...which was pretty close.

A number of PT preload SUPS have come and gone just in the past two years alone. One (who quit because of the abuse) is trying to get a harressment lawsuit filed against her. Other SUPS tell me about how in the office she will throw things around scream and curse. She has called a number of people "stupid" to their faces. Even our senior 26 years of service OMS was verbally attacked in front of the customer counter saying how stupid she is and she cant do anything right.

Our mechanic is always being cursed at over truck issues shes always dropping friend-bombs to him and the SUPS (none that i have wittnessed)

The thing is she runs her center like an abusive husband she gets people scared and no body wants to stand up to her. If they are on her good side they dont want to say anything or get involved. And the ones who do get backlashed and she find revenge. Drivers tell me how she will fudge hours/plant misloads she is just straight up EVIL

It hasnt been untill now that my self and another transfer (both from a MUCH bigger centers) became stewards and started fighting her on issues. The union has been involved and the uppers refuse to acknowledge a problem so we are soooo frustrated at this point